Looking for a Recipe........

Options
Does anybody have a healthy recipe for potatoes? Hashbrown, baked, red........... any type. If you do, would you mind sharing it with me? Many thanks!

Replies

• ANonnyMouse
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is what you'd like--but I just made the Santa Fe Potato Skins from www.skinnytaste.com SO tasty!!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    bump
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I make roasted garlic potatoes. I use red potatoes and quarter them. Spray them with pam, sprinkle on some garlic salt, onion powder and whatever else catches my eye, cover with foil, bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, stir/flip and bake another 10-20 minutes (til they are soft). It is also really good with dry ranch dressing mix.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Slice red potatoes into either round disks about 1/4 inch thick, or into wedges, or "fries," toss them with a little EVOO, salt, and chopped parsley. Then spread out on a cookie sheet and bake until their tender and starting to crisp. Sooooo good! and if you don't like that, hot sauce makes everything wondermous! LOL
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's not wicked healthy, but it tastes wicked awesome. From how I entered it into MFP (hopefully I did it right):

Robert Irvine's Potato Pizza, 1 serving (Pizza is 8 servings) 186 cal, 5 protein, 4 sugar, 2 fat, 31 carbs, 384 sodium

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robert-irvine/potato-pizza-recipe/index.html
  • desertsky1955
    desertsky1955 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yummy.......Thanks.:bigsmile:
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    try skinnykitchen.com they have some tasty stuff
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Cut into pieces somewhere around 3/4" cubed, toss with a little olive oil (maybe a tsp per serving of potatoes) and spices of your choice (onion powder, garlic and paprika is my go to, but sometimes I use rosemary, dill or a little cayenne), roast in oven @ 450 for 45 mins.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Not super healthy, but can definatley be 'healthified'

German Potato Salad

4 medium potatoes
    4 slices of bacon
    1/4 cup of flour
    2T sugar
    1/4 cup white wine vinegar
    1/2 cup of green onions

Peel potatos and cook whole, appx 15 mintues (till tender, but not tender enough for mashed)

Remove from pan and let cool; then slice

Cook bacon, remove to cool

Mix all the rest of the ingredients (except green onions) and cook in same pan as bacon (with bacon grease). This only takes a few minutes as in becomes thick fairly quick.

When thickened, add potatoes, crumbled bacon and green onions. Toss to coat and heat thru.

I used center cut bacon and came up wiht the following:

German Potato Salad, 1 serving(s)
    Cals: 206
    Carbs: 42
    Fat: 2
    Protein: 5
    Sugar: 8
    Sodium: 106

I thought it was very tasty and different. I had never made it before
  • treed4
    treed4 Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you everybody! There are some really good options. I never knew about the SkinnyTaste website. Thanks again, and have a great and healthy weekend!
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Loaded Twice-Baked Potatoes ONLY 278 CALORIES

4 servings

Active Time: 30 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes
    Nutrition Profile

Eatingwell.com has tons of healthy and low calorie recipes. I find new recipes all the time.

4 medium russet potatoes
    8 ounces 90%-lean ground beef, (see Variation)
    1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
    1 cup water
    1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
    1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    3 scallions, sliced

More Healthy Recipe Ideas

Easy Hanukkah Recipes
    Meatless Monday: Healthy Vegetarian Recipes You Must Try
    Top Diet Recipes of 2011
    Healthy Recipes for Your Microwave
    Healthy Recipes with Zucchini

You Might Also Like

Twice-Baked Potatoes
    Twice-Baked Goat Cheese Potatoes
    Zucchini-Potato Latkes with Tzatziki
    Sweet Potatoes with Warm Black Bean Salad
    Black Bean-Smothered Sweet Potatoes

Preparation

Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the microwave and cook on Medium, turning once or twice, until the potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes. (Or use the “potato setting” on your microwave and cook according to the manufacturer’s directions.)
    Meanwhile, brown meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Increase heat to high, add broccoli and water to the pan, cover, and cook until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the broccoli; add to the meat.
    Carefully cut off the top third of the cooked potatoes; reserve the tops for another use. Scoop out the insides into a medium bowl. Place the potato shells in a small baking dish. Add 1/2 cup Cheddar, sour cream, salt and pepper to the potato insides and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add scallions and the potato mixture to the broccoli and meat; stir to combine.
    Evenly divide the potato mixture among the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Microwave on High until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.

Tips & Notes

Make Ahead Tip: Prepare and stuff potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Microwave and serve.

Vegetarian variation: Replace the ground beef with a soy-based substitute or omit the beef altogether and increase the broccoli to 1 1/2 cups and the cheese to 1 1/4 cups.

Nutrition

Per serving: 274 calories; 10 g fat ( 5 g sat , 4 g mono ); 52 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 2 g fiber; 514 mg sodium; 740 mg potassium.