30SD

Options
I have read a lot of posts here about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I'm thinking of adding it to my usual cardio/weight training routine. I need a boost and it seems like this is a good option.

If you've done it, where can I find it? What results have you had? What type room do you need for it (I have an itty bitty apartment w/itty bitty workout space)? Do you need equipment?

Thank you.

Fudge, I meant to write 30DS...stupid fingers.

Replies

• ctsmith
    ctsmith Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hiya it's day 5 for me today! You can buy it on Amazon or Play.com and it's not expensive! I am only on day 5 so I haven't noticed a difference in way I look much (I think my stomach might not stick out as much as it used to!) I have a small living room so you don't need much space you are on one spot for most of it or lying down - with knees bent. You need weights - I use canned produce and a matt and that's it!!

Hope this answers all your questions - let me know if you have any more!
  • ctsmith
    ctsmith Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Meant to say I am definitely feeling fitter!!!
  • BrandyCarr
    Options
    I got mine at Wal-Mart! And it is a good idea to have a mat but I just use a small rug because I have wood floors. And I have 3 pound dumb bells. Thats it!!! Oh, and have some water nearby cuz she's gonna kick your booty!!!!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Hiya it's day 5 for me today! You can buy it on Amazon or Play.com and it's not expensive! I am only on day 5 so I haven't noticed a difference in way I look much (I think my stomach might not stick out as much as it used to!) I have a small living room so you don't need much space you are on one spot for most of it or lying down - with knees bent. You need weights - I use canned produce and a matt and that's it!!

Hope this answers all your questions - let me know if you have any more!

Thank you. I will be purchasing it soon. I have heard good things and really need a boost in activity...I'd love to start seeing results and I'm hoping this will help.
  • bewitched2982
    bewitched2982 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did days 1-20 straight and now I'm working on those last 10...I really like the workout though! I have a very small workout space and had no problems, so you should be fine. I took measurements and lost about 8 inches overall after 2 weeks. Since I haven't yet finished the whole thing I don't have final results. I think the biggest change was in my stamina. I feel much stronger now!
  • Shelley18904
    Shelley18904 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today was day 8 for me and I'm really enjoying it - if that's the right word! I have an average sized lounge and have plenty of room and use 1kg handweights, although I used tins of veg at the beginning and they worked perfectly well.

I can definitely see and feel results in my body even after 8 days - jeans are looser and tummy is tighter and I lost 3.6lb this week, so a result on the scale too.

Got mine on Amazon and am already planning which Jillian DVD to move on to next!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3 pounds since I started. I'm on DAY 9. However normally healthy weight loss is not that fast but sometimes it can just fall off. However, I'm betting my weight loss will completely slow down now and I'll have to depend on what inches I lose to know it its working.

Take measurements of EVERYTHING
    waist
    bellybutton waist
    left and right arm
    left and right thigh
    hips

You will want these, even if the scale doesn't show weight loss the measurements will. It is very exciting! The first day is the hardest and then the second day you will feel like "wow, that wasn't so bad at all" and after the third day you'll be like "hmm wow i feel pumped up with energy." What I'm saying is you get strong fast so the workouts get really easy. And then you start level 2 and you do it all again! I went up to level two a bit early.

I do these workouts in my bedroom with two other people. I have a standard size bedroom and we all just stand around my bed. You don't travel in this workout but you will need as space long enough for you to lay down in with your legs straight. There are a few workouts with straight legs but mostly bent knees. However your body length should be adequate.

Good luck!
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    oh and I started out switching from 5 pound weights one day to 3 pound weights the next. Now I push myself through the 5 pounders each workout unless i'm feeling very very sore then i go to the 3 pounders