Hi! They call me Irate

Options
Hey All,
I am Irate. Or, here NHRDPirate .

After a week here, I have learned that:
Skating/Roller Derby burns more than I thought. (Though, I am trying to get a more accurate count)
I don't eat so bad as I previously believed.
This site is, by far, superior to others I have tried.

I skate competitively for New Hampshire Roller Derby, and am working toward some new fitness and weight goals. Mostly, I am working toward a more athletic build and diet.
My "goal" isn't accurate here, because it changes. I am less concerned with weight, to be honest. I am more concerned with Health (and yes, weight ties into that).

Mostly, and realistically, my goal is to be more fit to be more competitive, and be happy with my shape.

Any tips (don't say exercise, I do that 5-7 days a week depending) are welcome.

Replies

• glonigan
    Options
    You could get a more accurate count for calories burned by utilizing a Heart Rate Monitor during practices, etc.

I also prefer using measurements as a means to track body change rather than the weight scale.

Good Luck!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi! and Welcome! If you're looking for other roller derby people, we've got a group as well - Roller Derby. :)
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    Welcome -
    I would say the biggest thing for me was when I started using a HRM to calculate calories burned - BEST thing I've ever purchased!!
  • IrateBeth
    IrateBeth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips all!
    I am going to figure this out, and then one day there will be listed:
    "Roller Derby Endurance Drill" and "Roller Derby Skills Drills (name)" with a better calorie count!