Fitbit tracker

Options
Fitbit makes every step you take a step toward better fitness, even on your busiest days. The Fitbit Ultra tracks your daily steps, stairs climbed, calories burned, and more, allowing you to see exactly how active you are in real-time. It's with you every step of the day, motivating you to do more and make the small changes that add up to big results.

Fitbit Ultra's super sensitive 3-D motion sensor tracks your day down to details a pedometer can't catch, showing your exact steps take, calories burned, and distance traveled. The new altimeter tracks floors climbed so you can monitor this heart-healthy activity, encouraging you to take the stairs at home or work, or climb a little further on your next hike. The Fitbit Tracker can even track your sleep patterns so that you know both how long and how well you sleep.

By connecting your Fitbit tracker to your MyFitnessPal account, all of the data tracked by your Fitbit will be synchronized with your MyFitnessPal account. Your daily calorie budget will automatically be adjusted to take into account your activity level as measured by your Fitbit. Combined with Fitbit, MyFitnessPal becomes an even more effective way to reach your fitness and weight loss goals.

Has anyone tried ths yet? anxious to know if and how well it works.

Replies

• scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've heard about it but I haven't gotten it yet, sadly. :/
  • jeefyl
    jeefyl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it!
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would love one, maybe on pay day I'll treat myself
  • duetwithjosh
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love mine as well!! You will get mixed reviews on here, but it's an addictive little gadget for me. It helps me keep an eye on my steps thoughout the day so I can get moving if I've not been moving much. your website page once you sync it to your computer breaks everything down for you as far as movement and sleep. I recommend it!
  • czechmate823
    czechmate823 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love mine as well!! You will get mixed reviews on here, but it's an addictive little gadget for me. It helps me keep an eye on my steps thoughout the day so I can get moving if I've not been moving much. your website page once you sync it to your computer breaks everything down for you as far as movement and sleep. I recommend it!

I totally agree! I'm so addicted to the FitBit tracker now, and even my husband (who is already fit, lucky him!) is curious to see how many steps I've logged, calories I've burned, etc. It's a pretty enlightening tool, too, I really didn't know anything about my sleep patterns before, but as long as you're wearing the fitbit to sleep (I either use the wristband that comes with it, or if I'm wearing a bra, I'll have it on there), it tracks sleep/awake patterns. There's also an interesting side effect, though I'm sure totally intentional on the FitBit makers' part: since my activity is being recorded, I try to do more. I try to walk up more stairs, take more steps and be more active. Guess it's working!! :happy:
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    Love my FitBit!!! I got mine 2 years ago and am so glad that MFP has it sync'd together now!!
    Being a SAHM I try to get as much exercise in as possible....so far I average around 12,000 steps a day! Last week I managed a day with almost 17,000 and that is just with dancing and walking etc in the house.
  • slightlycrunchy
    slightlycrunchy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like it as a stand alone, but as for syncing with MFP that seems to be hit and miss for some. I'm one of the people who it's not working for, and that's frustrating since I purchased it specifically because it said it works with MFP.

Right now I wouldn't recommend the FitBit because the customer service is really terrible. The only way to get in touch with them is through email, and it takes days for each response. The customer service rep I got (Jason) is really dismissive and just keeps telling me there's no problem. There are several threads here of people not getting any data to transfer over from FitBit, but according to Jason, there's no issue and I should just stop worrying about it and get more active. Terrible, terrible customer service.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about it only becuase it does not always sync to MFP. Some days it syncs some days it does not.

As far as tracking my activity it works well. I just wish it would sync daily.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just got it and so far I like it. I have not had any trouble syncing with MFP yet and it does track everything. It does not pick up every movement and it can not judge exertion so I still use my HRM for exercise but it does a good job tracking so you know you eat enough to avoid the hunger and hopefully that dreaded "starvation mode" from not eating enough. I still have not eaten as many calories as it tells my to eat but I do feel better eating a bit more to fuel my activity.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it. As for as synching issues there has been one time about a3 weeks ago where there was a synching problem, but fitbit fixed it and I haven't had any problems since. I am a nurse in the OR and days when I am the circulating nurse I get upwards of 15,000 steps. If I scrub not so much,so then I know to walk on my breaks to get at least 10,000.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it!
    I love how easy it is to use and that it links with MFP, the sleep tracker is really handy too.
    It also has timers on it so that you can see how many calories you burned doing certain activities, I use this when I go to the gym as the equipment in my gym is unreliable when it comes to tracking cals etc.
    I've found the way to avoid it not tracking certain activites (such as stationary bike) is to clip it to my sock before I go into the gym.
    Hope this helps! :smile:
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsABTmT1_M0

LOL!!!
  • mabechets
    mabechets Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I bought my Fitbit tracker a year ago. I stopped using it because the device is so small I kept losing it. Now that I can use it with myfitnesspal, I will try using it again.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    I have one, but I delete the FitBit calories it adds to my MFP diary. I use an HRM now, and I only track my calories with it. It is nice, though, to see how many steps I walk in a day. And, tracking my sleep patterns is neat. It estimates my calories, but the HRM actually gives me the more accurate burn, since it measures my heart rate, and the only way you will burn is if your heart rate is in the proper zone. I like the FitBit, though.
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It is really motivating and you can attach it where nobody will see it. The customer service is awesome. I had one malfunction and they sent me a new one ASAP. I think it is totally worth it!
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Just got mine and started to use it yesterday - still trying to figure out how to use it with MFP - it created a generic 'calorie adjustment' yesterday and today after my walk. It seems to working.
  • torri106
    torri106 Posts: 17
    Options
    got it a week ago, love love love it!!! it really motivates me to keep going and i love how it shows how active you are all day.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    What is Fitbit Tracker? I have never heard of it before. Would some one tell me about it?
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I want this so bad! Maybe I should set a goal and treat myself to one once I meet it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!