Do you find Veggies filling?

Options
I love raw veggies but whenever I try to use them as a snack, they don't fill up the hunger to get me from breakfast to lunch or from lunch to dinner. I can eat just about any veggie raw, I don't really like them when they are cooked. Does anyone else find this happening to them and what do you do instead?

Replies

• diamond_roses
    Options
    Maybe it has something to do with what kinds of veggies you are eating..?? For example, I like eating carrots and broccoli, but I find that broccoli satisfies my hunger better/ makes me feel fuller for longer
  • jbeyett
    Options
    Brocolli, caluiflower, celery, green peppers and/or carrotts. Those are usually the easiest to cut up and eat. I usually try to get a good mix so you don't get bored with how it tastes.
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No I don't. DH dips his carrots in peanut butter for filling protein. I like to play around with hummus or I like to melt a laughing cow cheese wedge on them for flavor.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    A mix of carbs and protein makes me feel full. Vegetables can be part of the equation but not *just* vegetables.
  • jbeyett
    Options
    I just using them as an in-between for a snack, so I was thinking I was supposed to keep it under 100 calories? If you add peanut butter or cheese, don't those make the calorie count skyrocket?