Opinion on the Turbo Fire workout

Options
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has tried the Turbo Fire workout and what your thoughts are on the overall workout. I often hit weight loss plateaus very quickly and have seen commericals for the workout, but i would really appreciate feedback from anyone. Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am interested as well. I have been thinking about getting this. I just want to make sure it's worth it. I already have so many workout systems and dvds. I am doing Les Mills Pump and Turbo Jam now. Thinking I may need cardio that is more intense though.
  • sunflower01
    Options
    Hi. From what I hear, the person who created Turbo Jam created Turbo Fire and it's supposedly an intense workout and gives results. I'm totally in the same boat as you and I have tons of workout DVDs already. I just don't want to use it a handful of times and then not bother with it again. I've youtubed some videos and such and the workout looks interesting enough. Hmmmm, I'm thinking I might take the plunge and order it.
  • Amanda993
    Options
    I absolutely love Turbo Fire! It's really fun which makes it go by faster. Unlike staring at the clock while you're running on a treadmill or something. I've been doing it consistently for about a month and a half now and am not sick of it at all.
  • lk27
    Options
    Hi. From what I hear, the person who created Turbo Jam created Turbo Fire and it's supposedly an intense workout and gives results. I'm totally in the same boat as you and I have tons of workout DVDs already. I just don't want to use it a handful of times and then not bother with it again. I've youtubed some videos and such and the workout looks interesting enough. Hmmmm, I'm thinking I might take the plunge and order it.

Exact same boat!!!! I look at it online everyday..... Just having a hard time pulling the plug! I think I'm gonna go for it though!!! It looks like fun, and they are sweating their a$$es off!! That is exactly what I'm looking for!
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am almost finished with week 3 and I love the workout. I have already done 30DS for a month straight, along with 2 rounds of insanity. 30DS bored me because it was too much of the same thing, and to be honest, although insanity is an amazing workout, I dreaded having to do them. Turbofire has enough variety and is intense which makes me really enjoy it. I love the dance-y moves + the kickboxing element, and the music is great. In 3 weeks I've already noticed more definition in my shoulders arms and back, along with tightening up of the hips area.

One thing to add: I bought weighted gloves (2 lbs each hand) which really ups the intensity as well.

Anyway, I say go for it!
  • sciencenerd2011
    Options
    I've also been doing TurboFire along with ChaLean Extreme for almost a month. I think both of them are amazing. I've done p90X which bored me really quickly. I also did Insantiy--I liked it for awhile, but like a previous person said, I started to dread it. Turbo Fire and CLX are fun and intense. I love that I can get a great workout in a short amount of time. There are several workouts that range from15 minute HIIT, to 60 minute long workouts. It's so great to have that flexibility! I haven't followed the suggested schedule, but I have been doing the workouts 6 days a week. I feel great! I would totally recommend getting it.
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Have done over 4 months of Turbo fire and still LOVE it! Never boring, the great music keeps me moving & motivated! I took a lot time off for the holidays and weight loss stalled at 12 lb loss- I regret it beacuse it kicked my butt getting started again! And you may be saying 12 lb loss is no biggie excet that I lost 12 inches in the first month overall and I only had 30lbs to lose, less to lose makes it much harder to budge the scale I find. Anyway, out of all the workouts I have done this is tops for me and now a lot of my P90 pals and Insanity and 30DS pals are agreeing! Truly great wokout, but be advised it is HIGH IMPACT and HIGH Intensity- but start with the prep schedule if your worried and you'll be up for the class schedule in no time! Good luck!
    :smile:
  • Annafly3
    Options
    turbo fire is cool I bought it last month, def something you need to try! the work out can be 15 min up to 50 min. The moves are not always easy.. I would recommend giving it a couple weeks and you will know all the moves etc.
  • sunflower01
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your great input and feedback on the workout. I am no longer on the fence and will be going right out to buy the DVDs. Great job on all your weight loss successes thus far, keep up the fantastic work!! I hope to post my own success story soon as well. Hopefully with the help of turbo fire, the journey there won't be quite as painful and boring. LOL
  • lk27
    Options
    OK! I bit the bullet and ordered my Turbo Fire last night!!!! Will be here in 3-5 days!!!
  • rjsbailey
    Options
    Have fun with it- I know I do! :wink:
  • rjsbailey
    Options
    OK! I bit the bullet and ordered my Turbo Fire last night!!!! Will be here in 3-5 days!!!

Just realized we are same age, weight, almost same goal weight and both in CO- crazy! Anyway good luck- I just got my P90 friend/neighbor hooked on Turbo Fire too and she loves it, hope you do to!
  • JenLaPointe
    Options
    I to have lots of workout DVDs mostly the FIRM and Jillian Micheals. But I absolutey LOVE LOVE turbo fire. It is intense and fun! I love that the workouts range from 15-60 mins. Very easy to fit it in no matter what my day looks like. I love Charlene!! She is very motivating!! I also have her Chalean extreme and love it also. Can't no wrong with her!
  • sunflower01
    Options
    I just bought Turbo Fire from Costco this morning and am so excited to try it out this weekend!! You have all been so wonderfully motivating and infectious about this workout. I would love to hear about some of the results and body transformation anyone has had after using this workout.

Again, thank you everyone! HUGS!!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only person who didn't like it. I wanted something fun and different after completing P90X.. But I returned TurboFire after a month for a few reasons: Chalean got on my nerves, and I realized I hate following dance moves on a TV screen.

I purchased Insanity and P90X2 shortly after. Much more my style.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Bump
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of Week 2 and I really like it, this is probably the longest I've been able to follow a program ever. I've done 30 DS sporadically when I wanted to do something quick but I can't seem to do the full program of it. Turbofire is great because it's a different workout everyday, not the same thing over and over!
  • tassshhhaaa
    tassshhhaaa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I loved the workout... but I did not lose any weight on it. I have no idea why. I made it about two months, then I got way frustrated with not losing weight. It was really fun though!
  • mrsladybrewer
    mrsladybrewer Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I Love, Love, Love Turbo Fire! I've been at it a month and a half and have yet to get sick of it. I use it in my own hybrid with CLX.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well, I just completed week 6 in a row, so I guess I must like it. I've NEVER stuck to anything that long!

I only had one period in week 4 when I got a little snippy about the moves and music and did another workout that day, but overall, it has inspired me to push play each day!