1 month down, 400+ Pounds and never better!

Options
Hello!

I thought I would take some time to write a success story because I have had some major success in the timeframe of one month.

I started my weight loss journey on January 11th 2012 after a near death incident in the hospital. you cant shake that kind of determination. and ever since then I've been going harder than ever. every single day walking for at least 1 hour, doing 4 days a week of waterfit/intense water treading. although I haven't been able to weigh myself due to being over 400 pounds (Im finally getting weighed tomorrow) I've been able to stay positive through the entire process knowing that regardless if i lose weight, I am a happier person than I've ever been, im living right and im eating right!

Now for the successes!

Weight loss vlog: I've been inspiring hundreds around the world with a daily weight loss vlog seen here Http://www.youtube.com/user/mrpapersun I actually just recently started getting paid by youtube 4 days ago!! for the amount of Advertisement clicks I get wich is really cool! because im low income and im almost able to afford my first POLAR heart rate monitor after only 4 days of advertisement clicks!

Realistic, but challenging goals: I organized a local mountain climbing club through MFP and for the first time since 13 years old this past Friday CONQUERED a mountain and documented the whole thing!

Huge level of commitment: 4 days a week of waterfit, 3 days a week of Personal trainer cardio plan, 5 days a week of walking for more than 1 hour, 1 day a week climbing a mountain, and 10 minutes a day (Its all i can handle at my size) of the 30 day shred, all of this while recovering from a back injury. (Dont worry, my doctor said the best thing I can be doing for it is what im doing now)

Water: Pushing myself to drink OVER 8 glasses a day of water as much as I hate it!

Anti Depressants: Stopped taking anti depressants completely 12 days ago (WITH DOCTORS PERMISSION) And have never felt better in my entire life.

Ever since January 11th I have been happy every day, no matter what is thrown in my path, I stay happy and positive, I radiate motivation and love to be able to motivate so many through my vlog. I am constantly surprising people every day! and for the first time in my entire life (As you can tell im sure) I have confidence in myself!!!

I may not have drastic pictures to show you, but I have an entire friends list of people I met on here that can vouch that I am a completely different person than I was a month ago!

Thanks for listening =)

Replies

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yay Andy! You are a success and truly an inspiration! So happy for you! :bigsmile:
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful change for you. Hang in there and keep that positive attitude!
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Andy, you are a true inspiration to me, keep up the fantastic work and i hope tomorrow you see a number on that scale that makes you proud, i know any number will work for you... Keep posting your stories, i love reading how you are doing, and believe me, you make me want to work harder...
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    we love ya andy!! i see big things in the future for ya!
  • habsfan802
    habsfan802 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know that your post keep me going and moving forward keep it up bro
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story...you are one awesome guy...keep up the great job!!!:flowerforyou:
  • KristenCassandra
    KristenCassandra Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You're doing a FANTASTIC job! Very inspiring! Keep it up!!! :)
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Thanks so much guys =)
  • metisgirl
    metisgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work....You R doing an excellent job.....
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am very proud of and for you. You are very brave to put it all out there. Keep on going and NEVER give up. I know I never will. :wink:
  • thea724
    Options
    Andy~
    You are my heart.
    Your Joy Brings Me Joy.
    You Inspire Me Every Day!
    & I am Blessed To Call You Pal =)

:heart: ,
    Thea
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    =) you guys are awesome.
  • aqcannon
    aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    As fellow "over 400 pound"-er, I feel your pain. Weighing myself is a trial and an embarrassment. Fortunately the mail room at work has a giant scale used for weighing pallets and such. I have been able to weigh there with some modicum of privacy.

I can't wait for the day when I can step on my home scale (450 lb max), the scale at the gym (440 lb max) or the scale in the health office at work (430 lb max).

I am down 25 lbs and I know it's a long and arduous journey, but keep up the faith, man.

Your experience with the mountain reminded me of a favorite story a dear friend used to tell about Sir Edmund Hilary. I hope you'll indulge my sharing it with you.

Sir Edmund (one of the first to conquer Everest if I'm not mistaken) was asked to speak at some forum after his third failed attempt to reach the summit of Everest. As he stepped up to the podium he noticed a picture of Everest on the wall behind him. He stepped to the microphone and told the audience that, today, he was going to address his remarks not to them, but to the beautiful mountain pictured behind him.

Then, looking over his shoulder he stated simply, "You have beaten me once, you've beaten me twice, and you've even beaten me three times. You may, yet beat me some more, but eventually I will beat you, because....you can't get any bigger...but I CAN!!"

I love that story (I am telling it as it was told to me, I make no claim to historical accuracy or exact verbiage...no matter, the point remains that it's inspiring). Thanks for letting me share it.

I applaud your efforts and I take inspiration from you. Thank you. :bigsmile:
  • rsbrace
    Options
    Good Job!! Keep up the good work!!! Remember that consistency is key!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Thanks =)
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is truly wonderful :heart:
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! So glad to have you as a friend-- love your posts and determination!!! Keep up with the hard work-- you will be losing before you konw it!!!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    This was very motivating to read. Thank you for sharing your successes.
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how you were doing since I was removed from your friend list for reasons unknown but glad to have seen this thread and see your update. I was on your challenge vlog and just wanted to say because of that I kept at it and did very well! Congratulations on your progress and I hope things keep going strong for you!
  • cherlea33
    cherlea33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Really fantastic! That's also great that you are helping to inspire others with your willingness to share your journey. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!