What is a unit?

Options
kmg748
kmg748 Posts: 40 Member
I am trying to plan what I will have for dinner tonight. I want to have a salad with some left over turkey breast meat that we had last night for dinner. No sure how to figure out this stuff yet, this is my first day tracking calories ever!

WHen I looked up turkey breast meat, it said a unit of 1 lb. turkey breast, what does this mean?

Replies

• kmg748
    Options
    I am trying to plan what I will have for dinner tonight. I want to have a salad with some left over turkey breast meat that we had last night for dinner. No sure how to figure out this stuff yet, this is my first day tracking calories ever!

WHen I looked up turkey breast meat, it said a unit of 1 lb. turkey breast, what does this mean?
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Hi kmg

I'd ignore the 'unit', its a pound of turkey breast.

Al
  • kmg748
    Options
    so 1 unit=1 lb. of turkey meat? It says it's only 212 calories, is this right? I only could find it with the skin, which the skin is off.
  • dfrei50
    dfrei50 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi
    I found out: 1 oz. (28 grams) of turkey breast meat is 29 calories, Fat = 0 g, Cholesterol = 12 mg, Sodium= 284 mg, Carbohydrate=1 g, Protein=5 g
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Choose a different measurement from the drop down box like oz, or choose a different listing for "turkey breast" in the list of foods. It takes time to get used to finding what your really looking for, but it gets better the more you use the program.