Packaging Numbers VS Diary Numbers

Options
I read the Protein, Sugar, calories etc. on the food packaging and when I input the product in my Food Diary the numbers are way off?
Do you deal with this too? If so, is there a way to adjust the diary to what the packaging suggests?

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Are you searching for the food in the tracker and adding it there or adding a new entry with the information on the package?

The tracker has a TON of entries that are not correct for the things I'm looking for. There are members from all over the world here and different areas have different things that are different in their nutrional information. Also, people make mistakes entering items. Recipes are based on what that person adds and may not be the same as what you made.

I always used what's on my package or find an entry that is exactly the same. Takes a bit of time but if I did it quickly my counts would be way off as I find the tracker entries not very accurate for most of the things I have.
  • Janster1
    Options
    We bought some non sugar blackberries (frozen) , Safeway brand, and what the "Add to Diary" number related was way off from what the packaging information related. I am wondering IF one can input the info directly from the packaging. PS...What is the Food Tracker option? Thanks... Jan
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You can add a new entry into the database. Double check the portion sizes on the packaging and in the database. It may be a difference there that is causing the different NI.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You can add a new entry into the database. Double check the portion sizes on the packaging and in the database. It may be a difference there that is causing the different NI.
    I often fin the portion sizes are causing the differences, and once I adjust them everything is good.
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    If you are using a phone, try scanning the packaging information. Its works for me especially when I cant find the right information in the database.
  • Janster1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas.....Jan