I've been here one week... still need friends!

Hi everyone! One of my favorite sayings is "The More The Merrier!" I would like to have you as a friend so we can help each other with our fitness goals. I am losing weight after carrying an extra 30 pounds for the last 7 years.

Just a little about me...

I play piano, flute and guitar. I am also a songwriter/singer!!! I work entirely as a self employed musician. I have 37 musical students, I teach a class called "Tunes For Tots" for Moms and their little ones, I am a musical director for Unity in St. Louis and I gig with my friends at cafes and wineries. Because I am in front of people so much, I think it is important for me to lose weight and feel and look my best. Please join me on my fitness quest!!!

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    :bigsmile: Hello. I feel very boring compared to you, but still need friends and support, so would be happy to work with you. friend me if you like mundane!
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Hi, I have been on MFP for a little while. Went back and forth on my diet but was not familiar with the communities. I am 43 and 40lbs or so overweight.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    you can all add me if you would like!
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Feel free to add me as well, I also say the more the merrier! :happy:
  • mamato3babies
    mamato3babies Posts: 73 Member
    Hello. I am Amy, 29 yrs old (on the 20th) and need supporters as well. I just started mfp today. I live in SC.
  • Ruthe314
    Ruthe314 Posts: 18 Member
    I need support too! Please add me!
  • bbmich23
    bbmich23 Posts: 37 Member
    Hello! I am also looking for friends. I have also been here for almost a week, BUT the day after I joined I got a stomach flu and a cold. So, this week has been very laid back for me. I am hoping by next week I can get on track and get started. I have yet to buy scales for my house because I hate looking at the number. I know that I need to keep track, so that is my next goal. Get scales so I can weigh myself every week..I have started by making small changes to my diet and I have just started keeping track of my food and what goes into my mouth. My life is quite boring compared to yours, but I love making new friends! I am 34 yrs old and my short term goal is also 30 lb. I also have another goal, but i have to focus on the smaller things first. I hope to get to know you! have a great day:)
  • Hi! Welcome to the site! I am sure you will make lots of friends to support and motivate you.
    I sent you a friend request!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Hello and welcome :flowerforyou: I have been here since the middle of September, I really think you will like this site...feel free to add me if you like!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • Anyone who would like to add me is welcome!! :happy:
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    You may add me if you would like. I have lost 28 lbs since September and am now working on firming up what is left. I am on here everyday and will be happy to provide what support I can.
  • Welcome feel free to add me
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    my english is not very good, but I will be more than happy to be friends with all of you.
  • nightshade21
    nightshade21 Posts: 17 Member
    I would love more friends! I've been using this site now for about a week, and could use more motivation and encouragement and I love to encourage others!
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Feel free to add me I am always happy to have more friends.
  • Hey... feel free to add me. I am a stay at home mom who really doesn't stay home much, lol!!! I live out in the country on a farm, am married and have 2 boys age 5 and 7. :smile:
  • Anyone who would like to add me is welcome! We're all in this together, so I agree: the more the merrier. It's also so nice to celebrate successes with people who are supportive.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    i'm a self-employed artist - i know being self-employed presents a lot of challenges to fitness goals sometimes (such as not having defined mealtimes!) and that a creative profession is also a sedentary one. i'll add you :) i'm looking for motivational friends too!
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • wakeywildcat
    wakeywildcat Posts: 43 Member
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me anyone x
  • irisheyes226
    irisheyes226 Posts: 27 Member
    I just started yesterday and need friends as well! I would love to help motivate all of you if you will do the same for me!!
  • I've been here 4 days....would LOVE some new friends to keep me on track!
  • Hi and welcome! I have been on MFP for one month now (and also started a food and exercise plan for one month before joining this web site). I am in a similar situation as you are. I am a self employed actor and also want to have 100% confidence behind the camera and in front of live audiences. I also do voice over work and have a home recording studio, but also meet with clients at recording studios off site. My weight loss goal is 16 pounds and I'm at 9 pounds lost so far (in two months which is about a pound a week), thanks to MFP. MFP really makes me accountable for my actions and reminds me throughout the day to put healthy food choices into my body, and get my exercise in. Also, I know that I have to be completely honest with myself, even if I've had a bad food day, or else this plan just won't work. I include even a Hershey's chocolate kiss if I eat one. Anyway, I have one MFP friend on here, who is actually a close friend of mine here at home, and haven't really expanded beyond that. You seem like someone I can relate to so feel free to friend me! Best of luck to you and congratualtions on an exciting career! From one performer to another, we can do this!
  • welcome
    feel free to add me
    good luck
    Charmaine :)
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Good luck .. you are in the right place ... can add me if you wanna ...
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Feel free to add me as well...MMarvelous
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Welcome everyone. Feel free to add me.
  • Feel free to add me, love chatting about weight lost , new receipes etc........( I need friends as well )
  • Hi! Feel free to add me. I'm a musician as well, thoughI was more active as a player-teacher when I lived in LA and Minneapolis. Now I'm in the Canadian north. I used to run competitively, but chronic back trouble sidelined me four years ago and my weight worked up from 155 to 198 in two years. I ride a stationary bike an hour 6X a week, which helps so long as I watch my diet. MFP has helped me to lose 8 pounds in three weeks. I also have a 30-pound goal. Good luck!