Psyllium Husk

Does anyone have any experience with this as a way of adding fiber and/or regulating your system? Any input is appreciated.

Replies

• chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Yes i use it and love it. It really helps in keeping you "regular." But its important not to let it sit and "gel" or thicken once you mix it with water or whatever you choose. You have to be sure to drink it right away. And when you do drink it, you may feel a little bloated but it will go away. It is a wonderful natural remedy if you have trouble going to the bathroom.

Hope this helps
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    yes...I add a tbs to my protein shake

I use pure husk with no added ingredients
  • bigplayclay34
    bigplayclay34 Posts: 22 Member
    I was thinking about the capsules, but was worried about the timing of the effect. I am a school teacher, and I can't just take off to the bathroom whenever I want :-)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I was thinking about the capsules, but was worried about the timing of the effect. I am a school teacher, and I can't just take off to the bathroom whenever I want :-)

I have never had an emergency need to run to the bathroom...take the suggested amount and you shouldnt have to worry about it
  • bigplayclay34
    Sounds great! I am going to give it a try this weekend. We'll see if my friends are right and I really am full of it.
  • rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    I use it-- I take it three times a week to help stomach pains lol but yea it def keeps you regular
  • bigplayclay34
    How many do you take at a time? The bottle says take 2-5? How do you know?
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I take 2 capsules every day. I never have an "emergency". It just keeps me regular.