Help! How does one gain 4 pounds in a weekend?

Options
This past weekend I gained 4 pounds. I weighed myself Friday, then again on Monday. How does a person gain 4 pounds??? I will admit that I was not on my best behavior. On Sat. I had a packet of low sugar oatmeal, went to the gym and burned over 1000 calories, had about 6 large fried scallops for lunch with and angry apple orchard cider, got together with friends later in the day and had 3 drinks of Captain Morgans and diet Sprite, a slice of beer bread, some crackers and dip, etc...I tracked my calories and added an additional 200 calories in case I forgot something.
On Sunday I had a Special K strawberry 90 calorie bar and Sesame Chicken and pork fried rice. I know, not the best thing to eat, but certainly not the worst.
Monday morning the 4 pounds showed up. I thought that they would go away quickly but they are still there. I am very frustrated and will make my food diary public. Any help would be appreciated!
I am in no way an expert on weight lose, but have lost quite a bit of weight over the last year and have kept it off. Something seems different.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Water retention from sodium, bloating, need to take a poo- tons of things. I can vary five pounds in one day. If it doesn't come off in a week then I'd worry. Before then? Just water and stay the course.
  • dwtouch4
    Options
    Yeah, that's not real weight gained. Thats water weight. You basically for all intents and purposes gain four pounds in a weekend unless you were really trying hard.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Yup. Water weight.

Relax. It will go away soon :heart:
  • sallyspan
    sallyspan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't you worry - the same thing happened to me after not logging my food and not working out (except my scale showed a weight gain of 6lbs!)

I agree with previous posts that it is mostly water retention from increased sodium. It should be gone in several days.
  • kristi3565
    Options
    I was hoping it was water weight...I'm also hoping it could be from the increased exercise...Thanks for all the support! I really appreciate it!