Jillian Michaels Books

Options
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried the programs by Jillian Michaels. I'm interested in buying her book, but I'm not sure if I want to pick up her book "winning by losing" or "Making the cut" Does anyone have any experience with these, im looking to lose another 40 lbs approximately, and I just want to know what has worked for you! Thanks!

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I read winning by losing. It was okay, wasn't the best book to me. I donated it to the library because it wasn't something I felt like I would read again. See if your local branch has it, read it for free and then if you like it, buy it.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: I LOVED Master Your Metabolism...it wasn't anything shockingly new, but the presentation just clicked with me in a new way! A very skeptical friend read it and also enjoyed it immensely! My understanding is that MAKING THE CUT is for losing the last 10 tough pounds. I've lost 10 pounds since reading MYM...again, not rocket science, but worth every penny for me and I re-read, resource it regularly.

Becky
  • amoreland
    amoreland Posts: 2
    Options
    Do yourself a huge favor and get Master your Metabolism...it really opened my eyes. I thought i was eating healthy until i read this! -alicia
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    so what does boost your metabolism talk aboutt? like how to eat healthy and stuff?
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have 'Making the Cut' and have done the program. I like it, but I am also at my goal. It is definitely not for a beginner, and as someone stated earlier, it's to help you lose those last 10 pounds or to try to get leaner. The exercises are advanced and there are many exercises that you need machines to do them with, so doing them in a gym is the best. But, there are also a lot of good recipes in that book.

I have not read any of her other books, though I would like to get 'Master Your Metabolism'.

Good luck with you journey.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Making the cut is supposed to be for those trying to lose 10-20 pounds from what I understand. Winning by losing is for people who need to lose more than that and master your metabolism is her first diet book that talks all about eating healthy. As you can tell I am a fan of jillian. I have all her books. Before you go out and buy them though, check out her podcast. They have current and old episodes at mediafly.com. To me, she does not say anything in her books that she doesn't mention in her podcast and they are great to listen to during a workout.
  • dyfed
    dyfed Posts: 1
    Options
    I haven't read Jillian's book but I did download Bob's,it is amazing and well worth every cent,I am listening to it again,I know I will read it many more times.
  • Trainhard911
    Trainhard911 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I read Winning by Losing and loved it. she helps you discover what type of oxidizer you are and what types of foods fit your oxidizer type. i love her workout routine schedule and there are a ton of photos and descriptions on how to perform exercises for her circuit training which can be done alone as well. definitely a good choice. i am now eager to try her other books
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: I LOVED Master Your Metabolism...it wasn't anything shockingly new, but the presentation just clicked with me in a new way! A very skeptical friend read it and also enjoyed it immensely! My understanding is that MAKING THE CUT is for losing the last 10 tough pounds. I've lost 10 pounds since reading MYM...again, not rocket science, but worth every penny for me and I re-read, resource it regularly.

Becky

I also LOVED this book. There's an overwhelming amount of information in it, but I got a ton out of it!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options

Becky

I also LOVED this book. There's an overwhelming amount of information in it, but I got a ton out of it!
    Good to hear! It's finally my turn to get it at the library tomorrow (had many holds on it).
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I haven't read her books yet :blushing: I have 3 of her DVD's and I try and catch her live shows

http://www.kfi640.com/pages/podcasting/

Here is the site just click on her different links :flowerforyou: