Question for you ladies that have lost +50lbs

Options
I have about 80 lbs to lose - currently 250 and would like to be about 170. I am a 5' 7" big boned German girl so I am not sure if I will choose to go much lower than 170. I have had two kids so of course my belly skin is sorta wrinkly and loose. For those of you that have lost a lot of weight - does your skin go back to normal or do you have loose, saggy skin? My normal weight is around 190 and that is where my body is used to being. I just wonder if I lose a lot and get to a size 8 or 10 vs. a size 14 which I have been since I was 12 if I will have baggy skin. Vain? Maybe, but I would still like to know! Oh, and is there anything, aside from surgery, that you can do about it?

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I have lost 60, and I don't have any trouble with loose skin. I do still have quite a bit of fat on my tummy, and so I guess I'll see. Sometimes I wonder if some of the stuff I think is fat, is loose skin. We'll see! But it's definitely not bad.
  • gcampos
    gcampos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Mindy,

It will go back, but it's a slow process. Here's a site to help you answer your questions :
    http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss.aspx
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of this my depend on age and genes. I lost 98lbs in 2005 and I had no trouble with loose skin. I was also 33. My friend who was 40 lost the same amount as me and she had surgery to correct the excess skin. We are both the same height. I lost my weight with diet and exercise. She lost weight using HCG. It took us both a relatively short period of time to lose the weight. I remember being deligent about apply moisturizer constantly. I have no idea if any of this is the answer you want, but good luck to you.
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing. i have never had anywhere near a flat stomach or a regular looking stomach for that matter. Ive always had 2 love handles. Im 5'02 and currently weigh 160. i wonder when i get to 130 if my skin is going to be really saggy.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I have always had a poochy belly, and 2 ten pound kids didn't help. I've lost 97 pounds and it's definitely smaller, but still there. Skin elsewhere is also slowly losing flabbiness.

But I agree that genes play a part and skin may not bounce back for everyone. It may also depend on how long and how much a person is overweight.
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just around my arms I've had a problem with skin. I think it is a person by person thing. It depends on age and how you lose the weight, I think. It also, I think, depends on body shape. I have lost down from 240 to 190 and I still have a lot of fat on my stomach (I need to lose more), but the skin isn't an issue.
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and have had a saggy tummy ever since I had my 10lb 9oz son when I was 18 :( Theres no getting rid of it for me unless I have surgery. Also when I'm pregnant I put on alot of weight (77lbs x 3kids) but I lose it all within 1-1.5 year with relative ease but the tummy stays saggy and gross :(
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I am 34...and I have always done a combination of Cardio/Weight training...simply for that reason....Granted during the first 35-40pds I was killing cardio and only doing slight some toning thru weights.... I do still have some fat around the stomach area that I am trying to sculpt into definition still thru cardio and weights....
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was 223 and currently 167 - I have some sagging skin on my stomach and my arms are really bad. I am fitting in a size 10 pants from a size 18 I imagine as I lose the next 30 pounds the skin will get worse. The stomach does t bother me as much as the arms tho.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone. I guess I'll just have to wear a one piece bathing suit instead of a bikini... darn the luck. Believe me, if I get down to a size 10 - I will not be ashamed. I will cover up my flabby skin with a sexy, tight fitting shirt and go on about my day!
  • candace8505
    candace8505 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 130 pounds and had a saggy belly! I think it all depends on the elasticity of your skin and how much weight your losing...I did have tummy tuck and love the results!
  • hrcowman
    hrcowman Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost over 50lbs yet, but I have lost around 35. I haven't noticed much of a problem in my stomach area or my arms, but my thighs have a good bit of excess skin. I'm pretty bottom heavy though, so it might just be due to my body shape.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!