Calories Burnt fron Insanity Workout

Options
Can anyone help me figure out how many calories roughly I'd be burning using the Insanity Workout Program? Maybe its different per disc. I'm not sure. But I was hoping someone would be able to help me out with this one.

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    until you get a heart rate monitor, its a guess. most people enter it as "circuit training, general."
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    How would a heart rate monitor tell me how many calories were burned? is there a setting on it that tells me that info? And if I should get a monitor to help me with this, what kind would you recommend?
  • Sigma28
    Sigma28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone because it depends on your fitness level, whether your modifying, different programs, etc. Getting a heart rate monitor is highly suggested. Having said that, I haven't answered your question. I'm a woman, and I do modify a bit, so you're probably going to burn more calories than I am. For round 1 of Insanity, the programs last around 40 min, and on average, I burn around 450-485 calories. For round two, the program is at least an hour, I burn 550-585 calories. The numbers I see for men are usually 600-700 for round 1 and 800+/-100 for round 2. Hope that helps!
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    How would a heart rate monitor tell me how many calories were burned? is there a setting on it that tells me that info? And if I should get a monitor to help me with this, what kind would you recommend?

Heart Rate Monitors go off your heart rate and after you initially set it up, it will give you a pretty close number to the calories you burned. Don't get one without a chest strap though, that's really the most accurate. Polar has alot of really good ones and they start at like 50.00. well worth the money.
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    Do the monitors give you the total calories burned, or do you have to take your average heart rate and do the math to get the calories burned?
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    gives you everything.....total calories burned, peak performance, avg heart rate, peak heart rate....well worth it. Just make sure you get one with a chest strap, and that you set it up properly once you get it.
  • Sigma28
    Sigma28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    As a doornumber3 posted, get one with a chest strap because they are constantly monitoring your heart rate, doing the calculations for you in real time. It also takes into account your age, sex, and weight, because it makes a difference. Mine is a Polar FT7. If you get ones without, you have to stop to let it take your pulse and it averages it. Not worth it. If you do a search on the forum for "HRM", you'll come up with a lot of info. Polar is a very popular brand on MFP (I have an FT7 myself), but Garmin is also very good.
  • TXCountryChick
    TXCountryChick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A body bugg is amazing and it tells you how many calories you burn through out the day you can also go the website and see from a time to a time how many you burned.
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F7 with the chest strap. I burn anywhere from 210-425 cal per workout. It depends on what disc it is, and how I'm feeling that day. My best day is the max interval with the fit test, that day I hit 640.
    It varies so much depending on gender, height, weight, etc. If you don't have a HRM yet, just log it as circuit training and maybe even subtract a few just to be safe.