Losing the last 30 pounds.... Is taking forever

Options
I could use some tips for losing these last 30 pounds....and definitely motivation. I haven't lost anything since November. I workout 5-6 days and I eat pretty decent for the most part. I would like some tips and definitely some encouraging. Thanks. :)

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest setting a goal of losing 1lb/week and make sure you are eating back most of the cals burned from exercise.

If you are not already and want to be sure how much you are eating weigh all your solid foods and measure the liquids.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    YES. Up your calories...I went into your diary for the last week and some days you're under 1000! Your body's all like, hey, we're starving here so it's time to hold on to the fat!

I was in a plateau for MONTHS...Upped my calories from 1200 to 600 and poof! No more plateau.
  • chrissiij
    chrissiij Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have you also tried giving your body a rest? Some people find that once they have lost so much weight, they give their body a week or so break from working out and then more weight just naturally falls off. You may have inadvertently put your body into starvation mode, making it hoard your weight? Just a thought. :)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    YES. Up your calories...I went into your diary for the last week and some days you're under 1000! Your body's all like, hey, we're starving here so it's time to hold on to the fat!

I was in a plateau for MONTHS...Upped my calories from 1200 to 600 and poof! No more plateau.

Really? I thought I was eating between 1200-1300 cals lol... Lately Ive been eating 1200 plus exercise cals back...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Really? I thought I was eating between 1200-1300 cals lol... Lately Ive been eating 1200 plus exercise cals back...

Your diary shows you have been under your intake for a while, but even your goal of 1200 is probably not enough.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    It's a scary thought to eat more calories, but your body needs nutrition PLUS it helps to change things up every now and again. Make sure to measure yourself (not just weigh yourself) during this time. I'll bet anything that it works!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options

Ok I looked back at my diary. Those were the days I didn't finish entering food and didn't completed those entries when I was busy. But I allow myself anywhere between 1200-1400

Your diary shows you have been under your intake for a while, but even your goal of 1200 is probably not enough.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm with everyone else. If 1200 a day isn't working, upping your calorie intake is your best bet. Set your weight loss goals for each week to 1 lb a week and it should automatically set it for you to 1500 or 1600. After that, plan out how you want to distribute your macros and all that as well as eating back your exercise calories, etc.

Good luck! :)
  • therich1990
    therich1990 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ehi niz!but do u need to loose other weight?in your pictures you look very Good!
  • atana117
    Options
    I'm having the same issue ...curious -- did upping your cals work? and how much did you increase to? any change in exercise?