Low carbs

Options
Hi
I am about to start a high protein, low carb attempt at dieting. In the first phase I will be eating very low carbs - I have never restricted any food groups in previous diet attempts and am unsure of how to do it. Once the first phase has been finished *about 2 weeks I can introduce more calories and can have a low carb breakfast.
Dieting on here I have been having a Muller Fruit Corner for breakfast - it contains 24g of carbs and this equates to about 15% of content. Can I continue to have it for breakfast as long as I still limit my dinner?
Ta
Amanda

Replies

• Crossfitchrisd
    Options
    The best low carb diet is to restrict sugar, starchy cabs, breads, noodles, rice and so forth. Eat lots of veggies and some fruit and you can easily keep the numbers down
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    If you are trying to go low carb and don't know what to do, you may want to start off by following a diet plan like Atkins. Its easier than to just wing it without adequate knowledge about it.

Just be warned, if you don't find the food choices pleasing to you, you will be wasting your time in the end. This isn't for everyone, but is very rewarding for those who stick to it.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am about to start a high protein, low carb attempt at dieting. In the first phase I will be eating very low carbs - I have never restricted any food groups in previous diet attempts and am unsure of how to do it. Once the first phase has been finished *about 2 weeks I can introduce more calories and can have a low carb breakfast.
    Dieting on here I have been having a Muller Fruit Corner for breakfast - it contains 24g of carbs and this equates to about 15% of content. Can I continue to have it for breakfast as long as I still limit my dinner?
    Ta
    Amanda

It sounds like you are wanting to do something similar to Atkins or South Beach............

If you follow the plan correctly and make it a lifestyle change you will be eating very healthy. The key is to ditch all of those processed foods though.

Meat, fats and lots of veggies.

Bacon, sausage or ham for breakfast with eggs (omelette with cheese and veggies, scrambled, etc)

Lunch - leftovers from the night before, large salad with veggies and meat, etc

Supper Meat and veggies...........

http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase-1/How-to-Do-Induction-Right.aspx
  • vilardip1
    Options
    depends on how "low carb" you wanna go...extreme low carb is >50 total carbs and appx. 20 g of fiber (around 30 net carbs)...anywhere under 100 g total carbs is low carb as well...depends on your goals
  • mikefarinha
    mikefarinha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am about to start a high protein, low carb attempt at dieting.

The more successful low-carb diets are High Fat, moderate protein, low carb. High protein diets usually aren't very healthy long term.

I highly recommend listening to this pod cast with Dr. Ron Rosedale
    http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/ask-the-low-carb-experts-episode-2-all-things-leptin-leptin-101-dr-ron-rosedale/12943

Good luck with your journey!
  • Stixe
    Stixe Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. I am starting by using protein shakes (nutritionally etc etc) replacing 2 meals (per day) for 2 weeks then 1 per day for next few weeks. This is only to kick start the diet / life changes for the longer term.
    As the meals are being replaced I would only be having the breakfast of yoghurt in the second phase.
    I have never used a replacement method and feel like a failure for using it now .
    I can't actually work out the calorific content of the shakes and this is why I was asking specifically about the yoghurt.