Lean Cuisine Food

Options
2»

Replies

• LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yea I would definitly go to 1 a day atleast. If you can try to do 1 every other day. Switch it up and experiment with other healthy foods.

The steamfresh veggies are great and easy. Birdseye or Green Giant. And you can get the Perdue Perfect Portions chicken breasts that you can cook from frozen. Also, the produce section has already wrapped and microwave ready baked potatoes and sweet potatoes. You can have a "home-cooked" meal in minutes!
  • Vailery
    Vailery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I ate them for about 2 weeks and I did loose a little over a pound a week but since then I have started to figure out how to cook healthy and I loose a lot faster. Im not sure if this is because of not eating the meals but I am going to continue to do what seems to be working.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I eat them as well or the Smart Ones for dinner usually with a vegetable and whole wheat bread on the side and I drink about 16 cups of water a day. I try to eat at least 1200-1300 calories a day and I get 30-60 minutes of exercise in a day, so maybe try making sure you hit 1200 calories a day at least and if your not exercising yet try to get some in but if you are working out maybe increase your time to see if that helps to get out of the plateau
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I like some of them. I especially am fond of the Fajita Style Chicken Spring Rolls (200 calories) ... absolutely delicious.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them every work day for lunch, bouncing between whatever brands are on sale. Some taste good, some taste meh-tastic. I found I like the Cafe Steamers from Healthy Choice better (particularly the roasted red pepper alfredo) and they tend to have less sodium than both Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones. The Kashi meals are pretty good, too, as are Amy's Lean (or Light or whatever they're called).

Just be mindful of the sodium levels, they can be upwards of 850mg per serving! And some of those Lean Cuisines are sneaky, there's two servings in the box.

EDIT: I will add that, like some of the other posters, I've started cooking my week's worth of lunches on Sunday or I'll make an extra and bring left overs from the night before. I still have some of the micro-zap meals in the freezer, they've been relegated to "Oh, I'm all out and have nothing else," fill-in.