only 1lb weight loss in 2 week. help plz.

Options
hi i have been logging for about 6 weeks so far have lost 14lb, the last 2 weeks however i have only lost 1lb. i have been exercising 5 times a week doing spinning, lane swimming and zumba but havent lost a thing this week. please could somebody look at my diary and tell me what they think could be going on?? i would really appreciate any advice. iam also breastfeeding my 12 month old, not exclusively only during the night and maybe once during the day..

thanks x

Replies

• debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Losing 1 lb in 2 weeks is fine! But, looking at your diary, you do need to eat more. Your net calories should be 1200.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's an easy one.

You need to up your calories. You're not eating enough. Your body is holding on to pounds out of sheer self preservation.
  • SFalconStorm
    SFalconStorm Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree, you probably need to up your calories, especially with all that exercise. You have to fuel your body. Also, you might want to try spiking your calories once a week to keep your metabolism guessing.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Exercising AND breastfeeding. Definitely eat more!
  • Mamaincali
    Mamaincali Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Exercising AND breastfeeding. Definitely eat more!

You need extra calories when breastfeeding even if its not exclusive breastfeeding. I think mfp gives you 500 extra calories a day for exclusive breastfeeding so you should be okay with half of that since yours is night time and once during the day. Also exercising you need to eat more. Just try it for a couple of weeks and see how you do.
  • roadworthy
    Options
    I do not know what your activity level was like before but keep in mind that you are working out, your are going to gain a little bit of muscle weight. Try upping your calories and not worry about the scale. Did you take measurements to go by as well?
  • SandyChampWins
    SandyChampWins Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I didn't start losing until I upped my calories to the recommended. I have only lost 3 lbs in 2 1/2 wks but 2 of them is after upping my cals.:happy: