I just realised I had my first NSV yesterday...

Options
I can't believe it took me to today to realise I had a NSV yesterday. My aunt was going out with some other women from church and invited me. I said no for two reasons: One, I am trying not to spend so much (broke uni student living off savings) and two - they were going to a Thai restaurant. Thai is not the healthiest and I definately would have gone WAY over my cal count if I had joined.

It also meant that I was able to stay at college till later and continue plugging through some work.

It's kinda cool thinking that I have actually had an NSV. I thought I would have to wait at least four weeks or until the end of doing the 30DS (im on day 6 today) to see a difference in clothes or something. But thanks to me being more conscience about what I am eating I have saved money and calories. :D

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what an NSV is.....thanks:smile:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    [/quote

None Scale Victory!!!!]
  • swellen
    swellen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory (ie, a win with something fitness related but not a weight loss victory)
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    NON Scale victory 3 of us told you
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Great for you! So proud that you are doing such a wonderful job! Keep it up and you'll be there before you know it!
  • smaryamf
    smaryamf Posts: 31 Member
    Options

me too.. really what does it stand for..?
  • smaryamf
    smaryamf Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    oops sorry already the answers are posted below...
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

me too.. really what does it stand for..?

It really stands for a non-scale victory. Something that your health benefited from other than just the scales going down.

Hahaha! Posted just as you found out what it meant. :laugh:

And, OP congrats!!
  • shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i always wondered what it meant too... i thought it was "new size victory" :)
    non scale victory is even better though.
    and congrats on your NSV!
  • ElizBald
    Options
    I was three months into my program when I had my first NSV. I took a bite of a cheese biscuit. I love cheese biscuits, but this one had almost no cheese and was flavorless otherwise. I put it down thinking "this isn't worth spending my calories on."
    Now I am looking at my daily plan as if it is my bank account; do I want to spend this or save it for something else? This was a real breakthrough for me.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's where the road to success begins! :)
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome NSV. Saved money and, found discipline along the way! :happy: Way To GO!!!!
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully it will help others like me think before they jump to food.

Elizbald - I think I am starting to do that a bit too. Hopefully I can keep working that skill to make it permanent.

Those not knowing what NSV is: I also went searching last Monday for what it was (lol). I found it in an older forum.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!