Protein shakes?

Options
Have nay to recommend? I'm watching my carbs and sugars, so something low in those would be great.

I have been coming back home after taking the kids to school, to make and eat my breakfast before heading to the gym. But, I've found that coming back home isn't the greatest idea because I tend to get sucked into other things and it's 10 or 11 am before I head to the gym, and I don't have much time to work out and run errands before the kids get out of school. So, I thought I'd start drinking a protein shake on the way to the gym to fuel my workouts.

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I recommend going to GNC and talking to someone there.
    Warning though I always spend a lot doing that.
    You could also try the bars as they are easy on the go.
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I like Muscle Milk Light for AFTER workouts. You can get them in 8.5 oz containers like juice boxes. 150 calories but 20 grams of protein. High in sodium though (my nemeisis) so you can't do too many of them. if I'm rushing out in the morning for work I'll grab one for instant breakfast too. A lot of time going into a workout, some type of carbs may be helpful too. I think like the person above says maybe check it out in a GNC or fitness store.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i use cytosport, vanilla and chocolate powders. 140 cals, 27g protein, 3 carbs, 2 sugar - for the vanilla anyway...i know the chocolate has the same cals. got them at costco, but im sure you could find it anywhere. 6 lb bags were about $40 iirc
  • Eranajb
    Eranajb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i am from Nz so I doubt what I use is much help! But I do find they are a God send on busy mornings like yours. I would reccomend checking for natural flavourings and no artificial sugars though. but that is my personal preference I use a whey based product as I am dairy allergic, with stevia as a sweetner as i am also allergic to artificial sweetners

good luck
  • Psufilmgirl
    Psufilmgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I got these Pure Protein shakes at Trader Joes. They have 2 kinds, depending on how much protein you want. Mine has 21g protein, 5g carbs, and 1g both sugar and fat. I have the chocolate and it's delicious in a can all ready to drink. I also use the Trader Joe's whey protein powder with water post weight lifting. But that has a fair amount of sugar.
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i use them ... if u look in my diary u can see the kind i use ..