BEST WORK OUT VIDEO

Options
What is your favorite work out video to do?

what video gave you/is giving you the best results?

are you losing inches or LBs?

high or low impact?

Replies

• ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Insanity is my favorite for cardio. I lost inches but not much weight, and improved my fitness like crazy. Very high impact. Very challenging!

P90X is my favorite for weights. I lost weight and inches with it. I would say it's both high and low intensity. Depends on the workout

The Firm has great workouts too, and they are only like $9 a dvd. My Favorite workout is Calorie Explosion. It's high & low impact. I lost both weight and inches. Burns a ton of calories too. Uses weights for most of it along with cardio. I also love Standing Legs by the firm. Great workout for firming up the lower half.
  • aroetman01
    Options
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    JIllian Michaels is the best. I have 5 of them (and just ordered 2 more) and rotate them throughout the week so that I am doing a different one everyday.

I'm sweating my face off by the end of them and feel like i get a good workout. Plus they give me a much needed weight training routine.

I've lost 2.5 inches on my waist, 1.5 on my hips, 2 on my bust and 12 pounds. Plus I wasn't that big to start with. Started a size 6, now a size 2.

They are fairly low impact, but a lot of jumping involved. Not as bad as the beachbody routines (insanity, p90x etc). I had shin splints for awhile but once I got in better shape and got a better pair of shoes they went away. If you have bad knees though, I would be careful.
  • amberjxo
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred seems to be working quite well for me.
    Great workout for 20 minutes! I've only been using it for about 2 weeks and I have already seen a noticeable difference in my body.
    I've lost a few inches all over my body!

Pretty much low impact with weights, and even modified versions of the exercises for beginners.
    I would recommend this to anyone.
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    OOO, I forgot Turbo Jam! I love that one! So muh fun, and I burn like 380 calories in 45 minutes!
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just got Fitness magazine in the mail and they have an article about best workout dvd's in it. Might be worth picking up.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels for me too! 30 day shred is my favorite. No More Trouble Zones is one I'm learning to love (it is really hard for me but I know I need the strength training). Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is good too. I liked the p90x ones I tried but 30 day shred is great because it is so short but so hard!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    JIllian Michaels is the best. I have 5 of them (and just ordered 2 more) and rotate them throughout the week so that I am doing a different one everyday.

They are fairly low impact, but a lot of jumping involved. Not as bad as the beachbody routines (insanity, p90x etc). I had shin splints for awhile but once I got in better shape and got a better pair of shoes they went away. If you have bad knees though, I would be careful.

Thank you for letting us know about the jumping!! I may have had shin splints a few weeks back and am kind of cautious about jumping. Glad you pointed this out before I ran out for the DVDs tomorrow!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Anything by Cathe Friedrich. If you're gonna workout at home, she is THE trainer to use. But I did start out w/Jillian, too, so if you're just starting you can't really go wrong w/most of her stuff.

The program that I'm doing right now (that has given me hands down the most results of an at-home workout program) is Cathe's STS (Shock Training System). It's basically the best 90 day system on the market. Period.

Most people haven't heard of her, but that's because she's not a "celebrity," most of her stuff get sold strictly word-of-mouth because she's just that good..

cathe.com/sts
    shop.cathe.com

You can also find tons of workout vids w/clips of the dvd, and reviews (from every instructor out there) at Collagevideo.com, they have free shipping on most stuff (you could rack up on some Jillian stuff there, and check out reviews)

ETA: I agree about Jillian and the jumping. It got out of hand for me, that's why I had to look elsewhere. I didn't even have knee problems til I started using her workouts exclusively and religiously. :grumble:
  • ShalisaClam
    Options
    I love anything by Leslie Sansone.
    I think it's pretty low inpacy, with some light jogging, but it's mostly walking and knee lifts, kicks, etc...
    I lost 40 lbs so far. Good Luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options

high or low impact?
    The best one is the one you will do. Regardless of how "great" a video is suppose to be unless you do it, it's useless.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jennifeffer
    jennifeffer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels, hands down. I'm pretty sure i own every one she has except for her newest one. She has several so it's hard to pick just one. I love shred it with weights. My husband did her yoga one with me and he almost started to cry (while laughing.....). And he's very fit, 6'0", 180 lbs..........totally honest, it seems as if i lose half a pound with every work out.....
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone walking dvds. I have been doing them for months. They are low impact. I have lost most of the weight with the help of them. I got a new one that I am doing now. ... Walk away your waistline.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options

high or low impact?
    The best one is the one you will do. Regardless of how "great" a video is suppose to be unless you do it, it's useless.

IDEA Fitness member

^^^This.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options

]The best one is the one you will do. Regardless of how "great" a video is suppose to be unless you do it, it's useless.

completely agree
  • Kittie_Kat
    Options
    I love Bob Harper workouts, only have one so far but am looking to own most of them someday! My shirt is drenched after Ultimate Cardio Body, the one I do have now.

Edit* the workout is intense, and uses weights, lots of lunges though!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

high or low impact?

IDEA Fitness member

This is 100% correct!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Just realized that I didn't even answer the question. Gah.

I do Tiffany Roth's online workouts for 10-12 minutes at a time, both because my endurance sucks and my room is really small (and gets hot fast) for workouts. While the workouts aren't as power punching as Jillian Michaels' sets seem to be, I've lost 2.5" from my waist and 1" from my hips in the three weeks I've really been sticking to these. She has sets for arms/shoulders and waist/hips with no jumping, which is great for me, and a few with jumps for more of a burn. She has short videos on youtube so you can try her stuff out before you buy her DVDs, and I'm sold on buying them this weekend.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper has some great workout dvd's!! He is awesome! I also love Insanity and Asylum. Shaun T is awesome too!
  • bettyboop777
    bettyboop777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the Zumba videos? If so what are you thoughts on it?