weight confusion

Options
hello, i am 5'4" and was trying to maintain 117. i put my maintaining weight to 115 so my calories would be a bit lower. so i eat 1550 cals a day (sometimes less) and workout 5 days a week burning around 300-400 cals. and i dont eat those usually. but i have gained two pounds. i feel like unless i eat 1200 or less i start to gain. anyone have some advice for me?

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You have to give your body a chance to get used to it. Add an extra 100 cals each day from 1200 per week until you hit your maintain calories.

Ensure you are measuring food right. This site tends to over estimate calories burned. Ensure your sodium is low and water is high.
  • Karmael
    Options
    I agree with the site being quite high on calories burned. If you go to the gym and the machine tells you how many calories you burned I would go with that one. It's what I do.. this is week four for me here and sticking with what it says for my daily calorie intake and using the machine's calories burned I've lost 5 lbs first week, 1 lb second week and 4 lbs the third week.
  • happylife1
    Options
    thanx guys, i will try that! it makes sense to get your body use to the adjustment!