any 50+ women out there for support?

Options
2»

Replies

• JetGarner
    JetGarner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 58, and will gladly be support for you. My husband is very supportive of me, even when I get a little OCD about calories and exercising. I love using the MFP site, it helps me be accountable for everybite and minute. JetGarner:smile:
  • fitterandfabulouser
    Options
    I'm 53 and understand. You can add me too. :happy:
  • jmart53
    Options
    53 and would love to me your friend. Can alway use the extra support and motivation. People on MFP are wonderful. Maybe we can all figure out how to get the hubby on board. Friend me and good luck.
  • deb83201
    deb83201 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am an USAF veteran and I just started the VA MOVE Program last week. I am almost 60. I have been using this program religiously for a week now to track my calorie intake and I lost 2 lbs. this week. I hope to get motivated to start walking this week. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis so weigh loss and exercise will help with that. I like for us to support each other. Debbie:smile: :
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    :love: Well I did have an overweight husband years ago and we would shut down a buffet but unfortunately he passed at 49 so that should have been a warning for me but it wasn't and my mother had lung cancer from smoking and that didn't stop me from smoking either for another 10 years but I quit in 1996 and now I'm losing the weight too. I'm down almost 80 pounds and want to lose a total of 115. So yes, I can identify with you and would love to be here for you.:love:
  • balzewoman
    Options
    I don't have a husband to sabotage me but I can encourage you. I am 53 and wasn't sure this would work for me. I've lost 17 lbs in my first month and I am excited about losint the rest of this weight. You can add me if you need someone to encourage. I could use some myself sometimes.
    15274238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mightykut
    Options
    Thank you all for the support, friendship offers and encouragement. I started at the first of the year, lost 2 pounds gained them back plus 1 and then did nothing. I have been walking when I can, but adding that in has been hard. I wound up so frustrated after 4 weeks that I ate myself sick for a week. Back on track and appreciate the friends. It is too hard to do alone. :)
  • mreko2005
    Options
    Hurrah! I lost the 4 lbs. I gained last week. Maybe next week I'll FINALLY be able to see my ladybug crawl a millimeter (or two)!:happy:
  • DianeSwartzs
    DianeSwartzs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll be 58 next week. I've gone up and down for the last 15 years. I love to bake and that's part of the trouble. I need help to stay on track! :smile:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile: