I don't care, i'll do it alone :-)

Options
REB89
REB89 Posts: 493 Member
So since you are all so supportive on here i thought i'd share. I have a friend and we were supposed to do the weight loss thing together BUT there were always excuses for why she couldn't go to the gym or meet up to go swimming and I always felt let down as we were meant to support each other. Her atitude towards food wasn't great either as it was basically starve yourself and then induldge in something unhealthy (because she 'deserved' it). She seemed to always find some reason that we should 'treat' ourselves which wasn't helping the weight loss at all! (although I'm allf or a cheat day/meal:tongue: ). Anyway after about 4 weeks of doing this she unfortunaly had an accident and broke her leg which meant that i really was on my own. But honestly i think it turned out for the best as i got the motivation to go to the gym my own and started eating my calories in healthy food and logging on here. I did hit a plateau for a while but i've started losing again which im really happy about. My friend has recovered again and asked if we could go to the gym tomorrow...and guess what she found an excuse...BUT i don't care anymore and I no longer feel angry and dissapointed because I'm still going to go and in 6 months time, I'm the one who's going to see the real changes and be much healthier :happy: WOW that was really long, sorry :blushing: but just needed to let it off my chest, I feel so much better now. Thanks for listening!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• REB89
    Options
    So since you are all so supportive on here i thought i'd share. I have a friend and we were supposed to do the weight loss thing together BUT there were always excuses for why she couldn't go to the gym or meet up to go swimming and I always felt let down as we were meant to support each other. Her atitude towards food wasn't great either as it was basically starve yourself and then induldge in something unhealthy (because she 'deserved' it). She seemed to always find some reason that we should 'treat' ourselves which wasn't helping the weight loss at all! (although I'm allf or a cheat day/meal:tongue: ). Anyway after about 4 weeks of doing this she unfortunaly had an accident and broke her leg which meant that i really was on my own. But honestly i think it turned out for the best as i got the motivation to go to the gym my own and started eating my calories in healthy food and logging on here. I did hit a plateau for a while but i've started losing again which im really happy about. My friend has recovered again and asked if we could go to the gym tomorrow...and guess what she found an excuse...BUT i don't care anymore and I no longer feel angry and dissapointed because I'm still going to go and in 6 months time, I'm the one who's going to see the real changes and be much healthier :happy: WOW that was really long, sorry :blushing: but just needed to let it off my chest, I feel so much better now. Thanks for listening!!! :flowerforyou:
  • katharinejuliano_2010
    Options
    Good for you!! I have a friend like that too... so I decided that I was going to compete against her, even if she didn't know it! We started off at the same weight, and now that I weigh 10 lbs less, it feels kind of good to know that all she has to do is diet and exercise with me and she'd be the same... but I've got that extra something that actually gets the job done!
    Good luck! We're all here to support you, even if she isnt!!!
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    Great! Awesome! Good for you! Seriously, it's all about you. I kind of feel like it's my time to be selfish when I go to the gym. Because I'm doing this for nobody but myself. I do it because it makes ME feel good. and it makes ME healthier. It gives ME a chance to reach my goals. I think it's great. I didn't think i would be able to do it on my own either. But since I've started going I've actually brought a friend with me twice and I don't like it because she's over there yapping her trap and I can't concentrate on pushing myself. So that's just me, but I actually like it better when I'm by myself.

Good luck and your journey hun! Keep us all posted with your progress! :flowerforyou:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    the same thing happened to me... I am hoping that she will be motivated by my motivation.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on sticking to the commitment and not letting excuses get in the way. We can always find excuses to not do those kind of things - but are much better off in the long run if we "just do it"!!
    Way to Go :drinker:
  • KatieZ75
    KatieZ75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job on being strong in knowing what YOU want and need to do! :)
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    silly woman, you can't go on a diet with a friend, well for most of us we can't, anyway, you have us here and we will be your support.

I have a good friend that started with me and I get :cry: e-mails all the time from her about her cheat days nad eight gain instead of loss, but ya know, she's still my friend and I just give her updates nad ask how she is doing and leave it at that.

That's all you can do...

It looks like your mind is in it and on the go and her's isn't, can't really change it for her....
  • winwin
    winwin Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job! keep it up. I have a friend like that too. Maybe once your friend sees the difference in you and how much more confident you are because lets face it, when we lose some weight and have to do things on our own it does make us stronger people, she may get more motivated herself. I think you're awesome. All the people out there who are motivated no matter what to change their lifestyles, way to go!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bravo for you ! And remember, you are not alone, we are all here :wink: with you
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    We all have friends like that.
    I know people that don't talk to me very much when I'm "fit" but as soon as I'm on the fat wagon, they are buddy buddy with me. I call them sabotagers and haters!

Good for you for staying strong. We are here whenever you need motivation, support or just to vent.

All the best!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That's a great attitude Rebecca...because ultimately you are the one thats gonna have to put those shorts on in the hot weather!!! :laugh:
  • REB89
    Options
    Just wanted to say thankk you all SO MUCH :flowerforyou: It really does help to knwo that there are people who will listen and support me and who understand how I feel. Reading through all of your wonderful replies has really given me the motivation to carry on and reach my goal. So once again thank you all. You guys are amazing! :bigsmile: