Imitation Crab

Options
Hi,

My bf's mom was in town for a few days and she got some imitation crab. What should I do with it?

I'd be awesome if I could make homemade california rolls, but i don't have the ingredients nor the money to get them.

Whats something yummy with imitation crab in it?

Replies

• kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This is weird, but my grandma used to cook it...she's chinese :D so I guess it's asiany.

She'd chop up the crab sticks, whisk up eggs, put them in, then into a bowl, then she steamed it...so the egg cooks all puffy add soy sauce...amaaaaazing :D
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    chop it and mix with low fat cream cheese...great on toast, bagels or as a dip....
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like it on top of salad
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    everything sound yummy, thanks!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    make a pasta or stir fry with it mmm
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    1 pkg imitation crab, 1 block cream cheese, 3 tbsp sugar or substitute, green onions- MIX- Voila! crab rangoon cracker dip- my favorite thing!
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I eat it with soy sauce. You can add it to a stir fry or soup. I like it just plain too. I eat it atleast 1-2 times a week. You could put it on a salad or in a wrap.
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Here's what I used to do with it when I used to eat imitation crab. (It's high glycemic, so I don't eat it anymore.)

I would sauteed some onions and portabella or ****ake mushrooms. I'd heat up the fake crab. I'd put them together in a flour tortilla, then put some swiss cheese on it and warm it up to melt the cheese. Then on top of all that, I'd put sour cream and some homemade salsa.

If you can find a way to make that work for your diet, it really is yummy. YOu can put other veggies in it too.

Not much of a diet food, but if your calorie allowance allows it, it is tasty.

Janet
  • Teonie76
    Teonie76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can find Crescent Roll & cream cheese at the .99 cent store. Take the crab, salt, pepper, garlic, and cream cheese. Roll it in the rolls and bake yummy yummy yummy
  • ccunningham0520
    ccunningham0520 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm from the Bahamas. We use imitation crab meat to make bahamian crab salad. This is a 'general' description of the recipe below. I love it

Ingredients:
    pk Crab Meat
    ripe tomato
    onion
    a pinch of red pepper
    a pinch of black pepper
    red bell pepper
    green pepper
    lime
    1 tsp salt
    2 tbsp mayonnaise

Cooking Instructions:
    Chop all ingredients in medium chunks, combine in a large glass bowl, squeeze the limes include the pulp. Toss all ingredients including seasonings add more to taste as desired.

Chill and enjoy
    Serving Suggestions:
    Serve in small bowl with crackers onte side, or use to top a toss salad in individual small dish
    Additional Comments:
    Add jalepeno peppers if you like it hot. A great appetizer or a complete meal.
  • bikiniready201
    Options
    I like to put it in pasta :)
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Seafood Salad-
    Imitation Crab
    Diced celery
    Garlic powder
    Mrs.Dash Lemon Pepper seasoning
    Light mayo

Mix together and put on crackers or melba toast, its yummy :)