I have a confession...

Options
I sometimes have to force myself not to hate myself for what I have done to myself and the lack of motivation to do what I should. I have come a long way but I have to admit that I am not doing all I can or all I need to. I should be a lot farther in this process and I am not cause I have just been getting by, doing the minimum. Having bad days and then compensating for then so that my loss has slowed to a crawl. And I hate it, but I just don't make myself get it done. Then I get depressed with myself and use that as an excuse not to do anything at all. I was doing so well in the beginning. Not the best but a lot better. I need to cut out more of the bad things I like to eat. I have tried to fit them in and it is just hurting my nutrition and weight loss. I stopped cold drinks and other drinks other than water and some milk and I stopped keeping sweets in the house. But I still have pizza and Chinese way to much. All that salt and fat is not good not matter what, even if I keep it below my cals for the day. I am not getting the nutrients I need by using my calories on pizza, bread, chinese etc. I have not been working out and burning calories like I should. I was doing a work out at least 3-5 times a week and thought I was doing good! But when I got my Heart Rate Monitor in and found out I was not burning nearly the calories I thought I was I got so bummed out that I quit. I felt like it was not worth the trouble! But I can't think like that. I have to get in shape. I have to build stamina and muscle and burn fat! I need to regroup, recommit and get it done! I have lost almost 50 lbs and I WILL NOT give it back. I just need to be more healthy about it and learn to like it! I am so happy and excited that I have come this far. I knew I could but the way I have been doing it is not cutting it if I wanna be healthy and keep it off. Ok Sue...let's do this!

Replies

• RussetBrunnette
    RussetBrunnette Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have been there too girl. Everyone falls off the wagon at one point or another but the main thing is that you get right back up and try and try again. Not giving up and admitting you have made mistakes and changing them only makes you stronger in the end. All the strength you need to do this is already inside you, all you need to do now is use it :) You go girl!
  • ColCul
    ColCul Posts: 53
    Options
    You have been doing a great job so you know what you need to do. Just do it!
  • mstoya02
    Options
    Stay strong, were in this hard journey together. It will pay off in the end.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It is worth it...you only fail when you stop trying...I have been on this site for over a year, did great in the beginning, then slacked and gained some back...now losing again...still 4 over my lowest from June 2011...keep pushing...we will do this!
  • caharter
    Options
    We all have and are going to have the times when we are beating ourselves up for what we have and have not done. Get it off of your chest and vent. Then feel better and get back into the swing of things. Wishing you well.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Rejoice in your success to this point and remind yourself that you didn't gain the weight overnight. There will be bad days, bad weeks, or maybe even a bad month. The important thing is that you keep it real with yourself. We can't undo the past, not even five minutes ago. So learn from it and move on by loving yourself enough to finish what you started. I know you can do it!.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you know what you need to do and that is half the battle! Now just execute it!

I did something similar. I've still been working out, but my eating has gone down the crapper. :/ Also, you have about the same amount to go that I do. I know I have been thinking about how I could stay where I am and be okay with it. I don't think that is true, but I wanted to say yes so bad! I'm ready to be done and at my maintenance weight, but I also want to see my stomach with a 6 pack and run a 5k. So I can't stop yet! If you need extra motivation, put sayings on your mirror, fridges, closet doors, etc. The thing that saves me, I think, is I plan out my meals for the week. I work 8-3, so I take my bfast, a snack, and lunch each day. I prep it all on Sun evening. I use the recipe function on MFP to log what I make for lunch. Its supper easy, especially from the mobile app.
    I hope you stick it out, girl! Be strong! :)