HELP- question with fitbit exercise adjustment

Options
has anyone else noticed that your fitbit gives you and extra, say 300, calories per day from being generally active, but then the next day when you look at that day on MFP, it says you were over your goal calories because the fitbit exercise calories are magically gone. i don't understand this at all, can someone please tell me what im doing wrong!?

Replies

• sevenagagnon
    Options
    I have not had this happen I am always way under on my calories - sorry
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen when I was really active in the morning and fitbit gives me an adjustment and then if I'm pretty sedentary the rest of the day, that adjustment gets lower and lower as the day progresses?
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    yeah i noticed that too! like if you dont keep active somehow your already burned calories just vanish away? lol im confused by that!
  • schultp
    Options
    I've noticed this regularly. Every Saturday I work on refinishing my basement for about 4-6 hours and get close to 500 extra calories. When I relax for the rest of the afternoon and evening the exercise adjustment from fitbit slowly decreases on MFP. I actually have to take this into account as I monitor my calorie intake for the day. It makes no sense to me.

Anyone send off a tech question to fitbit or MFP staff yet?

Paul.
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    idk but thats a good idea, i think someone needs to ! i don't understand this either....like should we be eating those exercise calories or not ?!?!!
  • lilfurson
    Options
    I don't eat back my FitBit calories just to be safe. I eat back my exercise calories I track with my HRM.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Are you reading your calories gained on the FITBIT site or the MFP site? My MFP site is lower but has never disappeared.
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    I don't eat back my FitBit calories just to be safe. I eat back my exercise calories I track with my HRM.

i have been eating back some of my fitbit calories but now i'm not going to and i'll see what happens. i thought it was relatively accurate but i guess not :/