30 day shred

Options
Am I the only one that finds this video boring? I just can't bring myself to repeat the same exercise every day. I just couldn't do anymore after the fourth day of the first level.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Kandace_Riopel
    Kandace_Riopel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    same here i am going to mix it up when i get tired of the level one im going to do a level 2 than jump back to level one to get the 7 days done ... than on level 2 ill throw in a level 3 when needed .... hope that helps!
  • waylward
    waylward Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who found the 30 Day Shred boring - I am always reading posts from people who love the video. I have tried on 3 different occassions to get through the program and each time I give up before the first week. Now I am doing Turbo Fire instead and loving it!
  • sweetrice12
    sweetrice12 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thank you ladies so much for the replies! I am glad I'm not alone on this.
    I really want results, so I will give it another shot. :)
  • waylward
    waylward Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to find a program that works for them, but I can say that I've had great results so far with Turbo Fire :) It hasn't even been 2 weeks yet and I've lost 3 lbs and 1 inch off my waist. And that's without doing any Shakeology or other restrictive "diet" - just giving up junk food.
  • PrfctGdess
    Options
    I can say I like the results I see from the Shred, but I'm not overly in love with the workout itself. Having said that, though, I've never really stressed about doing it every day for 30 days - I throw it in a few times a week to make myself do some strength training. :P

Have you tried any others? I haven't, but I have a friend who is really liking the RIpped in 30. I'll have to check out Turbo Fire now too :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I like it but not every day. I just use it as a supplement to other workouts. 30 days straight- Nope.
  • vwlgirl
    vwlgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do find it boring-however it is working for me. And I work full time and have 3 kids so the 20 minutes is VERY appealing to me. How long are some of the other videos out there?
  • Bettsy_A
    Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I actually find Jillian's words can be grating over time. I've started to wear earphones and listen to music instead :) Means I have to pay attention to what happens on tv, but I don't get ticked off with her little tidbits of information
  • sweetrice12
    sweetrice12 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have two little boys and have no time either, that is why I decided to give JM's 30 day shred a shot. But I need something with more variety.

how is turbo fire for time? how long are the workouts?
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I pushed myself through the Shred 10 days through each level, but I did have the same issue with getting bored. I just started up Turbofire (day 3) and find it so much more fun since you don't repeat the same thing every day. It is expensive, but you get your money's worth. Too soon to know of any results yet, but I'm hopeful! I don't use Shakeology either. :-)
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    It is boring, but I really feel the burn. We have been mixing up our videos. 30DS/Zumba cardio/Zumba tone/Zumba 20 minute express. Rotating them make the videos not as boring.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It can be boring but it works. You can mix it up 2 days level 1, 2 level 2, 2 level 3. As long as you do it for 30 days. It will work if you push through it. Also mute it and turn on your iPod.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way and glag I'm not alone. I can recite the entire video by heart, it's irritating. But I was getting results while doing it, I gave up after about 12 days....I plan on starting again, but I'm really bored of it.
  • general_misconception
    Options
    I had the same problem, but I really wanted to stick to the program. So I actually sat down and logged the exercises with the amount of reps. Now I can do it anytime and anywhere I like! Instead of pulling up the actual exercise video, I watch a show (like the Biggest Loser/ I Used To Be Fat) or a movie (Wall-E, Disney movies, whatever I feel like watching) while doing it!

Plus, after I'm done working out, I can finish up the show/movie while drinking my protein shake. It's been working great for me so far. :)
  • Alexandrea22
    Alexandrea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do agree that the repetitiveness is difficult because I find that I dread certain moves more when I know what's coming. That being said, I did the first 10 days of Level 1 and am starting Level 2 tomorrow so I've been sticking to it. I find that because I know what she says, I know how much longer I'm going to have to struggle through the move. For instance, I know when she says "HOLD ON!!" during the last ab move, she is going to follow that up with "5, 4, 3, 2, 1" and I'm DONE! It sounds lame but it gets me through the video. Glad I'm moving up a level though! I'll post results in 20 days as to whether it's worth it or not. Good luck everyone :)
  • NatashaK29
    Options
    I just did my third day today, but I'm not doing it everyday. Just every other. I mix it up with kickboxing, Pilates, dancing, hitting the punching bag, yoga, lifting weights and walking. I'm trying to get a well balanced fitness level so my body doesn't get used to the same routine and motions. Just an idea, but it seems to be working for me.

15028112.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter