A Food NSV...Very Proud of Myself!

Options
Friday night my family goes out to eat. We usually get an appetizer, a high calorie meal, and dessert. On top of that, we order soft drinks.

For the past few weeks, I've been very conscious of ordering healthy meals when dining out. Tonight, I order a grilled sirloin steak (6oz. - no butter or oil, I needed more protein today) and steamed broccoli (2 cups, no oil or butter). I drank an 8 oz. cup of unsweetened iced tea with 1 Sweet-n-Low. No dessert, no appetizer. After finishing my meal, I felt satisfied and proud.

Of course I wanted the really "good" fatty stuff like spinach artichoke dip, a cream based pasta dish, and chocolate cake. But, I've worked so hard the past three weeks after recommitting to my fitness and diet plan! I didn't want to blow it. Plus, food is fuel. Food is nourishment. It took me over 16 years to learn this.

So, I am so proud of myself for making good healthy decisions. It's getting easier every week!

Replies

• ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Wow! Huge hugs and pat on the back! You know what, in a few weeks those tempting items won't bother you near so much. In fact, you may lose the desire for them. Always thought I'd miss potato chips.. I tried some.. can't imagine why they always held such power.. but cheese.. oh, I do miss eating a lot of cheese.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Tonight, I order a grilled sirloin steak (6oz. - no butter or oil, I needed more protein today) and steamed broccoli (2 cups, no oil or butter). I drank an 8 oz. cup of unsweetened iced tea with 1 Sweet-n-Low.

Did you go to Chili's? I had that same thing last night. Medium Well, it was scrumptious.
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You should be proud!!! Great job!!!
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Heck!! I'm proud of you too. Great control! It looks like you want that better life style!!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Very well done! Being able to make sound, healthy choices when there is so much temptation around....wow! Definately something to be proud of!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • NatashaK29
    Options
    Wtg! I love those things as well and know it not easy to pass them up at first. It does get easier with time though. Super big hugs! Proud of you! Keep up the good work!

15028112.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    For sure, you're on the right track. Sounds like your willpower has kicked in. Mine has, too. I've lost 9 lbs. Keep it up!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Good for you! !!!!!
  • MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Proud of you! You're right. Food is fuel. I still struggle with this concept daily.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The best line in your post is that you felt satisfied!!! That is the battle and you have won. Great job!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    great job sweetie! i wish i could do that well when i go out with family! a huge congrats to you!!
  • Congrats!!! That is a HUGE victory! It's so easy to have good intentions, but then to cave when it is time to order. Way to stay strong!! AND to be satisfied at the end of your meal....what a great feeling of control!!!
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    We went to Cheddars tonight. Although Chili's has a pretty good sirloin as well!
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    Tonight, I order a grilled sirloin steak (6oz. - no butter or oil, I needed more protein today) and steamed broccoli (2 cups, no oil or butter). I drank an 8 oz. cup of unsweetened iced tea with 1 Sweet-n-Low.

Did you go to Chili's? I had that same thing last night. Medium Well, it was scrumptious.

We went to Cheddars tonight. Chili's has a pretty good sirloin as well!
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    Very well done! Being able to make sound, healthy choices when there is so much temptation around....wow! Definately something to be proud of!

Oh, it so wasn't easy! Spinach artichoke dip sounds sooo good!! And it didn't help that the family sitting next to us was eating an order of this fabulous, fatty dip!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it feel good? A high five to you! Keep it up!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Congratulations. I can totally relate. The satisfied feeling of eat well is so much better than the feeling of giving in to those fatty foods!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!