Intermittent Fasting Question: Nutrient Timing

Options
skywa
skywa Posts: 901 Member
I fast from 7pm until 2pm with a 5 hour feeding window. I work out at 630 am. Which means i dont eat for up to 7 hours after working out. Is this bad?

Its really the only time i have to work out...and i prefer to eat at night versus the day time. :/ I am thinking of perhaps going for the 16/8 approach just so i can get more calories in.

But really main concern is not getting the full benifits of this diet just because i cant time my work outs just before my first meal.

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump
  • acciocci
    Options
    From what I understand about nutrient timing, it seems you may want to eat closer to your exercise time (within three hours), according to PN. The idea being that the body, in that span, is more primed to accept/burn what you give it and not store it as anything one wouldn't want it stored as. At seven hours, it seems like you would be well into catabolism at that point :/
  • Allersfera
    Options
    Well it doesn't really matter if you're still getting calories in.
    when I fast for more than 12 hours and lets say that for example food is ready at my place. I eat 1 to 1:30 -2 hours before exercise
    and after exercise I sometimes don't eat and if I do it'll be about 4-8 hours later.
  • acciocci
    Options
    Aye, see, who knows- I imagine as long as you feel great, then it is working. I tend to have to eat within a short while after exercise to avoid becoming... umm, 'unstable,' for lack of a better word. heh.