My progress so far...

Options
sissamae
sissamae Posts: 232 Member
I really started my weight loss journey in September of 2009. I weighed about 177...which is also what I weighed the day I went in to give birth to my youngest son (eight years earlier). I had always been a size 10 or so and was just kind of convinced that is what size I was meant to be, but I was then buying size 14's for the first time in my life. I am 5'2" so I was extremely overweight. In October of 2009 I finally got the courage to leave my now ex-husband and I lost some weight due to stress, but started working out a little. In December of 2010 I quit smoking (was up to 2 packs a day) and started working out more and watching what I ate. I have taken "breaks" off and on since. My weight has fluctuated between 145-135 until this fall. On Thanksgiving day I weighed 121!!!! I had NEVER remembered weighing less than 130 ever! I took another "break" over the holidays, but have been running and doing 30DS off an on since. I am trying to work toward eating more clean foods and adding weights. I am going to run in a trail run (16.4 miles) in April, a 5K in May, and my goal is to run a half marathon in November. These pics are a reminder to myself of where I have come from. I currently weigh 121 again and am shooting for 110-115 and focusing on muscle and tone. I never believed I was capable to make it to this weight. Now I know I am capable of anything once I put my mind to it. I will post more pics hopefully by summer when I make my goal!!

Before1.jpg
This was taken around St Patricks Day 2009. I was bartending.

before2-1.jpg

July 2009

004.jpg

January 2012

003.jpg

These pics show that I still have a lot of toning to do, but I have come a long way! It is worth it! I am now between a size 4-6 depending on the brand and wear a S/M shirt! So much better than the size 12/14 and XL shirts from before!

Replies

• lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    aww can't see your pics but congrats! btw I want to get to 125 at least maybe even 123 or so.....pre-preggo weight. I have about 8lbs to go to that wt
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Can someone please help me with the pics? I changed the IMG to img and still not working!!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Giving it a try....

Nope, didn't work. I don't know, weird. But congrats!!
  • MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work!!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    I can see your pics and you look great. I'm 5'1 and would love to get down to your weight. Thanks for the motivation!
  • imaheal
    imaheal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You're looking so pretty and slim. Keep it up, you're doing great!:happy:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    well done, can't be better than being fit. by the way, nice tats
  • RuthlessB
    RuthlessB Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!!.....................YOU are an INSPIRATION to all of us!!!............I've lost 16 pounds since joining MFP in Jan./12......I feel soooooo much better and have much more energy...slow process.....but it took 20 years to put this 100 plus weight on....it'll take 19 months or more to take it off!! Thanx for having the strength to post your pics...before and after....you'll never know how much they mean to me and people like you!! Thanx and GOD Bless!!
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, Sissa! You have done a great job and I have no doubt that you will reach the rest of your goals. Congratulations on all your success and thanks for being a constant source of inspiration. I know I have a lot more to loose than you ever did but you give me hope.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!