can you lose weight by just eatting right?

Options
Is it possible to lose weight bu just eatting right and not working out?

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    yes,,,the only requirement to lose weight is a caloric deficit
  • Parks0613
    Parks0613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, but you should workout because it good for the heart! :)
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Do weightlifting!!!!
    it increases your BMR...for 36hrs. Cardio increases only 12hrs!

You can look up peer reviewed articles if you dont believe me.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yes. Caloric deficit is all that's needed to lose weight.

If you want to be toned though, that requires exercise.
  • DelilahNguyen
    Options
    Yes you can,
    I lost 4 lbs since the new year by cutting out pop, chocolate, fast food and junk food (that was all i ate like everyday)
    and i recently started a workout program and lost another 2 lbs.

everyone is different so do what feels right.
    You can lose weight without working out but exercise will only help you!

17062333.png
  • melissamason941
    Options
    omg yes! i've had soo many trainers tell me 80% of losing weight is all about what you put in your mouth. try eating about 1200c a day & see what happens. of course you will lose more if you workout...
  • megaloohoo
    Options
    of course! i started following the caloric intake guidelines per my fitness pal for a week and then added in exercise. i lost twice as much weight when i added in cardio and weight lifting though. so yes, it is possible, but per my experience it will take longer
  • ryansgrammy
    Options
    yes it is as right now i cant exersize it takes longer i was told even if i can just go get a shopping cart and stroll in a store or walk the hall a cpl of times in my building it will have me lose faster but till i lose 10 or so lbs im just working on eating 6 times aday and writing everything i eat in my jurnal and even if i eat all the wrong stuff mark it down we all fall from time to time and cant beat ourselfs up over it and writing it down you can look back and see what made you eat like that for that day i jurnal my mood or what might hvae trigered my poor eatting that day
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yes but it's a lot less fun... exercise busts stress, gets better results, and allows you to eat a bit more. Nutrition is extremely important but if that's all you change you will probably lose some muscle along with fat.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Just like the man sez, yep.
  • huseby1956
    Options
    I have lost 85 lbs and reversed my carteroid artery by 12 years, gotten off of both blood pressure meds just by eating only natural foods, nothing processed and walking one mile a day. Now that I have taken it off I am at 150 and I excersize at least 30 to 60 min. a day. I have been stuck at the 150 for almost a yr.. it is quite frustrating thinking I can take off 85 but not 25? gees.... I don't give up because I am healthy now but it can get very discouraging.
  • ditzyFlip
    ditzyFlip Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said - yes. But I'd definitely recommend exercising too. Try attending classes such as yoga, pilates, circuit sensation, etc... Or go cycling or even runnng. Find something you like that way you'll feel more motivated to do it instead of thinking, "Man... I have to go work out. -groan-"