I *know* it's water weight, guys.. but still feels good :)

Options
So in the past couple of days, I've been strictly following my daily calorie intake of 1200 calories/day... and, after 5 days, I weighed myself, and I've "lost" 3 pounds!

Now, now, before you all get your feather ruffled up, I *know* it's just water weight :) I *know* it's not.. "real" weight loss..

but hey - it is a bit of a self esteem booster, no matter how temporary or misleading it may be. And for now.. when the first few weeks are the toughest to get through on this regime... it's a welcome misleader :laugh:

Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me as well, but my face seems a little slimmer and my body feels a little happier ^^

Success isn't about "30 pounds gone!" or "4 inches lost!" all the time.. sometimes, it's just about feeling good about yourself and staying true to your goals - even if these may be motivated by a deluding little number :)

Cheers everyone!

Replies

• laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Celebrate every victory :) The water weight wouldn't have come off if you weren't eating better and watching your sodium, so good for you!
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Exactly ^^
    Thank you very much! Good luck with whatever your mfp journey may be! :)
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if it is water weight! Congratulations....your dedication is already paying off!
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Thank you! You look great by the way!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Every pound counts no matter where it comes from.

And for us ladies, water weight is a huuuuge issue so congrats. Celebrate it!
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats, its the first step!
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey. your mental attitude is big part of weight loss! So if it works for you, run with it !
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Every pound counts no matter where it comes from.

And for us ladies, water weight is a huuuuge issue so congrats. Celebrate it!
    It really is :)

Thank you very much! ^^
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Rock on! Very soon that water weight will be *real* weight! I started Jan 9th and immediately started losing lbs. The scale hasnt showed an increase in weight yet. Im 11.5lbs down so far. So if you keep going that weight will stay off. Good luck!!
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    of course you should celebrate it and feel good about it!
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    LOL I've had exactly the same thing happen today!!! I've been doing this for a week and weighed in today... 3.6kilos (about 8lbs) GONE. I know it's water weight, but hey a loss is a loss. Makes you feel SO good, and it's really motivating to keep going.

And congratulations!!!!!!!
  • sammanchester
    sammanchester Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Totally agree, one step closer to be healthier :) Well done and good luck x
  • hungryandgrumpy
    Options
    Congrats!
  • silkii_locks
    Options
    Any weight loss is "good" weight loss. Good job!!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day :) every little bit counts!!!
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Water weight is weight that needs to come off too. Yay!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!

All the best for your journey :smile:
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    gtreat 2lb loss...........enjoy your weight loss journey.x
  • Trinketona
    Options
    The same thing happened to me.
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i lost 2 or 3 lb every week for about 4 months, stick at it mate, its not just water
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!