Hello... and MAJOR Motivation

Options
I wanted to introduce myself! I joined My Fitness Pal probably 6 months ago... I lost 5-10 pounds and then the holidays hit and I got off track... I have yet to truly get back on track or find my motivation to really start to lose this baby weight.... all 75 pounds of it. I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old, and don't plan on having any more, so I figure it's more than about time! I was never heavy until I had my first child, and then gained more weight with my second, and haven't lost any of it. :( I have a deep desire to lose the weight, but have had trouble finding my motivation to get thin again (why is that so hard?)... everything else in my life always seems to take priority, when it shouldn't.... but then yesterday, my 5 year old gave me all the motivation I need!!

Yesterday my 5 year old came home with a permission slip for a field trip. I told her I would love to go on the field trip with her but she was being weird about it and telling me not to worry about it and that I don't need to go because other mommies will be there. So, after a little coersing to pull out of her why she doesn't want me to go on the field trip, she tells me (trying to be nice, but she IS 5) that she doesn't want me to go because she is embarrassed of me because I am overweight and all the other mommies are thin.....Talk about being CRUSHED... HEARTBROKEN... My baby is embarrased of me.... that is probably the hardest thing I've had to deal with yet as a parent..... but it was ALL I needed to hear to find my motivation and get back on track!

I am sure a lot of moms have been in similar situations... so that's me and my story. I hope someone can relate!

Replies

• rockerchic1879
    Options
    Well good for u! That is extremely difficult to hear, I thought it was hard to hear the words that I was OBESE from my doctor. Much love to you through this. I have to lose 50 lbs so I'm nervous, never had to lose that much weight in all my life, LOL

Give urself some little milestone celebrations since u have so far to go--I'm giving myself 20 lbs as my first goal and once I lose that then I'm going to get myself a new cute outfit. Things like that will help in the motivation process, cuz face it down right sucks!

Good Luck sweetie!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I am always self consious at the school but tbh 50% are overweight so Im not odd but would like to be a yummy mummy again
    well done on restarting :) xx
  • mommygetsfit2011
    Options
    Well good for u! That is extremely difficult to hear, I thought it was hard to hear the words that I was OBESE from my doctor. Much love to you through this. I have to lose 50 lbs so I'm nervous, never had to lose that much weight in all my life, LOL

Give urself some little milestone celebrations since u have so far to go--I'm giving myself 20 lbs as my first goal and once I lose that then I'm going to get myself a new cute outfit. Things like that will help in the motivation process, cuz face it down right sucks!

Good Luck sweetie!
  • mommygetsfit2011
    Options

Thank you! I have already thought of some milestone rewards... I think that makes ALL the difference!
  • mlindahl
    mlindahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That has to be hard to hear. My husband once held up belly during a very intimate moment. Yep, makes you realize first that was very unkind of him and two I needed to lose weight.

Enjoy who you are today because you will never have this moment back!
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Total motivation, I had a similar experience from my son when he was small...I was in a shopping centre in new look when Lisa Riley was big in Emmerdale she was in adverts for larger ladies clothes...my wonderful son proceeded to ask me what I was doing on the walls of New Look, he thought the pictures of Lisa were me....I was mortified as she was quite a big girl at the time...I then proceeded to lose 6 and a half stone with WW.. however since then I have yoyo'd with my weight and now I am determined to get the weight off and keep it off this time..please feel free to add me, would be happy to be there for support :)
  • jmart53
    Options
    It is hard to find the motivation but you certainly will find it here. I know how tuff it must have been to hear that from your daughter but let that help you to stay focused it will be a long hard road but you can do this and we all have your back. Friend me and we can help eachother. Good luck to you.
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Kids can be brutally honest can't they? I have the same trouble with exercising, something always seems to come up. The only way I can workout is first thing in the morning. I need to get it done and out of the way or else I usually can successfully procrastinate about it and put it off because of "other important things".
  • mommygetsfit2011
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I love the support and encouragement this website provides!
  • Ness8411
    Options
    No worries you'll get there. babies steps
    what is your game plan?
  • Parks0613
    Parks0613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Goodness, I would have cried if my son ever told me that and that is actually one of my motivations to reach my goal is because I know as a child I was really embarrassed of my overweight mother and I did not want her to go to anything because of that. Now I do not want my children to be embarrased of me and that is one of my inspirations. I know kinda sounds bad but I do not want to be like my mother.....