Having a terrible week

Options
After losing 7 lbs, on sunday i got into a binge after I saw a youtube video that reminded me of my ex-gf.

Then, on Tuesday I cooked at home something that isnt very healthy (Its called biryani, very oil heavy with beef and white rice)

Then yesterday and today I am sick and so ended up ordering a pizza because I cant cook when I get sick and didnt wanted to go outside to eat something better.

If this sounds like using my situations as an excuse to not workout and eat, then you're spot on.

Planning to get back to the routine of working out and eating right tomorrow (if I'm not feeling great, atleast eating right)

GL to me!

Replies

• OneSchrutebuck
    Options
    You can do it! We all have days/weeks like that. The important thing is that you take control back and get back to it. Don't beat yourself up! Just learn from it and move forward. You got this!
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mind over matter riz.
    So you had a few not-so-great days... oh well. brush it off. Get back on the saddle and move on.

Google images of biryani look absolutely amazing...when that happens...just don't eat a ton. If you're gonna eat the less than ideal stuff, ... then portion control is your friend. I think you know all this already ... just remember it!

hope you get better soon.
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Don't expect to be a saint all the time when it comes to losing weight, we all fall off the wagon, the trick is to see it as a temporary glitch NOT as the end of it all. Just pick up where you were before and keep on going.

You can do it!!
    Feel free to add me if you want, and I will kick your butt when you need it!:laugh:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We ALL have rough times. What matters is you recognize it and do something about it! Kudos to you and feel better! <3
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Like the other posters have said, we've all been there. It's just one week, not the end of the world. And, I have friends who eat pizza and white rice and other stuff like that and they still have lost weight, so it's not going to kill you. Just don't eat an entire large pizza by yourself!
  • gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater too...big time!! I totally get that. The hint I can offer is to prepare for the crappy days. I have store bought "Healthy Choice" type foods in my freezer for when I don't feel like cooking. I have a ton of soup in my pantry, and I have mini chocolates in my cupboard...way up high... for when the sweet tooth hits!!! lol

and if you don't feel like working out, just go for a walk. the fresh air may help too!!

Good Luck

ps. I Love biryani too!!! That would be a hard one to pass up!!! lol mmmm and Samosa's...and...
  • MommyTKD
    MommyTKD Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Even if its ugly... even if you know you went over... take a few minutes and fill in your log. To the best of your ability. Face it. That way, you can really process what you ate and what it meant. THEN, take a deep breath, and tell yourself from now on, if it's bitten, it's written. For me, coming to terms with what went into my mouth has been an EYE opening experience. Some days better than I thought... some days much much worse. But I've grown and learned from having faced it instead of saying "I'm not logging because I know I went over".... and when YOU take control instead of what you eat controlling you, you'll feel better. And if you need a friend, feel free to add me! ;)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    to my surprise, even though i ordered a large pizza, i (unlike in the past) didnt finished all of it. I was barely even able to get half of it. So...i guess theres progress right there
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well done! See, you are already on the way up!:flowerforyou: