Aussie guy just started yesterday... Want some like minded f

Options
Hey all,

I recently discovered this site/app and only just started counting calories yesterday. The app makes it so easy to keep track of your calorie intake, and I'm pretty confident I can lose weight with it.

About me: I'm 23, male, weigh 69kg/152lb, and 183cm/6ft tall. I know I'm not overweight, but I am just looking to decrease my body fat percentage... Hoping to get down to 10%. Whenever I've tried to lose those last few kilos of body fat, I've never been able to. I always thought if you just eat healthy, cut back on carbs and exercise it would do the trick... It never worked for me, as I must have been eating enough to maintain my body weight. Only recently I learnt that a calorie deficit is how you lose weight... I always believed the myth that eating less will make your body go into 'crisis' mode and keep your body fat because your not getting enough food.

Anyway, I'm pretty confident I can do this. My calorie intake goal is 1400, which will be difficult on days I don't get to exercise (it's not a lot of food!), but I'm confident I can do it.

Some motivation would be great, so don't hesitate to send me a friend request!

Replies

• Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Post a thread about reducing body fat % ... You'll get some good responses!

Good luck x
  • cstrods
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I am in a similar situation to you, am started this at 47.5 kg 5'2 and just wanted to get the body fat down to how it was when I was 20 (currently 27). The last kgs are VERY hard I found to get to 44.5 (currently) was a piece of cake and only took 2-3 weeks but the last 2 kgs are nearly impossible and you find you need to drop the calorie deficit a little more and recieve slower results. It's hard but dont be discouraged just be persistant and remember it is a lifestyle change not a diet, dont drop the cals too drastically or what you described as 'crisis' mode does happen ( Iearnt the hard way at 16 when I dropped to an unhealthy 38kg from next to no food).

So yeah best of luck :)
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    aussie aussie aussie

oi oi oi

fellow aussie here, i love that suburnt country lol

good luck on your journey
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What body fat % are you now? 6' tall male at only 152 lbs is quite low already ...in my opinion. I'm 6' tall as well. If you've had trouble losing those last few kilos/lbs, ... are you doing any exercise to help? diet alone will get you far, but exercise is important too.

and how are you measuring your body fat % now?
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hi Aussie Guy, I'm in Brisbane, feel free to add me as a friend!