To all you men!

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
There are so many threads out and about that have a lot of women talking about all the things their men DON'T do. I decided to start a thread to all the things that our lovely men do for us that we may sometimes take for granted! Remember ladies (and gents; I don't judge) that we can't expect our men to live up to our higher-than-average expectations; give them some credit for everything they do for us! Here's to you, guys! :drinker:

Post some things that your man does for you, no matter how small that you take for granted.

Nick (since he's on this website!) thank you for:

-opening jars for me when I can't
-helping with dishes when I'm too dizzy or tired
-getting things down for me off the shelves I'm too short to reach, even if you put them there on purpose! ;)
-driving me around places
-turning off the light before bed, even though I know it's my turn to
-sitting around the bathroom when I'm taking a shower so you can make sure I don't pass out because I refuse to take a cooler shower! (it's too damn cold!)
-helping with dinner when it's too much to do myself
-eating whatever I cook for dinner, even if it's overcooked, mushy, hard, what-have-you :blushing:
-being so understanding when I haven't eaten and I'm grumpy
-being there for me <3

What about you ladies? What does your man do you want to thank him for?

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    For making me feel special even when I am difficult...which is most of the time.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    For making me feel special even when I am difficult...which is most of the time.

lol, aren't we all?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    -sends me cards in the mail when I have a rough day
    - always tells me I am beautiful on the days I don't feel it
    - is there to give me a reality check if i need it
    - takes me out to dinner frequently
    - always pays for things and refuses to let me to
    -loves me no matter what
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    -sends me cards in the mail when I have a rough day
    - always tells me I am beautiful on the days I don't feel it
    - is there to give me a reality check if i need it
    - takes me out to dinner frequently
    - always pays for things and refuses to let me to
    -loves me no matter what

D'aww :3
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Not getting too mad at me when I went on E-Bay the other night for the first time and bid on 10 Brighton purses..and won 5 of them...ouch....Felt so silly, cuz all the purses except one are black w/brown trim. So, now I own 6 of them..lol
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Not getting too mad at me when I went on E-Bay the other night for the first time and bid on 10 Brighton purses..and won 5 of them...ouch....Felt so silly, cuz all the purses except one are black w/brown trim. So, now I own 6 of them..lol
    I love this!!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    He makes my heart melt every time he calls ..... Sigh :blushing:
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My husband is the king of being a pain in my *kitten* but I like that. I want him to give me a hard time and ruffle my feathers. I like that he doesn't allow me to settle for anything less then my best. I love my husband and I think he does a great job at being there for me whether I like it or not.
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Thank you for listening to me rant about calories Thank you for reminding me that im beautiful even though you dont use those exact terms :D And thank you for carrying me to class when i was sick and didnt feel like walking Only you would
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thank you to my man, who has spent the past year 9354.18 miles away from me, because of my job, which will hopefully be done soon. Thankyou for staying up late and getting up early, so we can talk on the internet and keep our relationship alive. Thankyou for all the random presents from back home you keep sending me in the mail. But i guess the biggest thing is thankyou for sticking around, i didint expect you to do it, a year is a long time to be away, and i am thankful everyday for it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me happy. I was in a short term relationship not too long ago and I love taking care of somebody. I always consider women to be move "giving" and this is why typically men dont expect much out of valentines day, sweetest day and fathers day but it sure is nice to know that our women know the little things we do and like us for it. Boosts our confidence and all the feminism aside, let your man have his moment, no need to neuter him every chance you get (some girls do that...). Let the man open the door for you. Let him stare the other man down when he's making googly eyes at you in the mall (BTW, I'm against violence and jealousy)
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    - bearing with my pride
    - treating me with the utmost respect
    - sacrifricing or changing anything to make me happy
    - constantly loving me, and constantly reminding me of this
    - being the best bearbear possible :)

I sometimes don't appreciate him enough.. but he is literally the best I could ever ask or hope for. I love you, I love you, I love you. Princess and Bearbear forever <3
  • LolaGotThin
    LolaGotThin Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For leaving notes in my notebooks telling me how proud he is of me and my progress. <3
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    thank you to my wonderful husband for:

- taking care of the cats' litter box even though i wanted the cats
    - telling me dinner is delicious every night, even if it's just a quick fix freezer meal
    - saying "i love you" every day, and then proving it with all the little things
    - always asking "can i get you anything?" every time he gets up
    - letting me know that he doesn't feel like i'm a mooch when i get down about not being able to find a job
    - doing the dishes every single day! (he says "you cook, i'll clean")
    - making sure both vehicles always have gas in the tank
    - telling me i'm beautiful in his eyes, and always will be (and meaning it!)
    - always finding a way to compliment my efforts for anything i do, even if it's just putting together a jigsaw puzzle ("looks good sweetie, good job!)
    - generally being an awesome husband and putting up with all of my quirks :)
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    For doing Xbox dancing with me, walking with me and doing MFP will me even though he only weighs 135 lbs :-) He is so supportive !!!
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    Back rubs
    Foot rubs
    Opening my water bottles when my hands are hurting
    Telling me I'm beautiful/gorgeous/etc when I am so not feeling that way
    He pays close enough attention to my moods that he figures out when I'm going to "start" before I figure it out.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    There are so many things about Cam that's am thankful for.....sticking it out when we went through a rough time; telling me how much he loves me; doing all the "man" jobs; coming home early from his tour when one of our boys was sick; calling me everyday when he is on his two week tour down south; leaving one of his t-shirts that smells like him on my pillow before he leaves on tour; for working out with me and eating healthy with me; for cooking and having dinner ready when I get home from work; and for all the other things that some may consider small but mean the world to me!
  • Russian1
    Russian1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For:

- giving me two of the most awesome children on Earth and being such a great Dad
    - asking me repeatedly and waiting 13 years for me to finally say 'I do'
    - putting up with my crazy, large family - with all of the quirks
    - listening to me rant about work on bad days
    - dancing with me!
    - working out with me - oh how I love this, especially on days I really don't feel like it
    - eating healthy with me and cooking healthy meals
    - and most of all for making me laugh
    - and oh so much more!

Love him more everyday - we've been through a lot and could have easily said forget it but it's all worth it - he's worth it!
  • myers0machine
    Options
    Us men r just amazing ain't we :D
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    - for dancing like a fool almost daily in the bathroom just to make me laugh
    - for saying "I love you" everytime we end a phone call or leave the house. (you never know what could happen!)
    - for moving to a different country to be with me
    - for working at a job you don't like for now so we have money to pay the bills ( I somewhat like my job)
    - for being supportive of this lifestyle change even though it means some nights dinner is at 8