Fat Smash Diet

Options
Hey everyone,

I am thinking about trying Dr. Ian's Fat Smash Diet. Phase 1 (Detox) looks brutal :noway: Has anyone ever tried the diet. I hear that you can lose 6-10 pounds in Phase 1. I would love to hear comments about this diet. Does it really work? Do you have any recipe ideas for Phase 1? How much weight did you lose? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• jjackson
    jjackson Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am thinking about trying Dr. Ian's Fat Smash Diet. Phase 1 (Detox) looks brutal :noway: Has anyone ever tried the diet. I hear that you can lose 6-10 pounds in Phase 1. I would love to hear comments about this diet. Does it really work? Do you have any recipe ideas for Phase 1? How much weight did you lose? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    jj,

All I'll say is that eating a healthy, balanced, nutritional diet every day of your life works (ok, ok, I cheat every once in a while, but who doesn't? :blushing: ). Not saying this diet won't help you lose weight, just saying that eating right and exercising definately works. With that said, were here for support so if you do try, I will be pulling for you to succeed at it!

best of luck,

Banks
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hi jj,

just a few thoughts.... i've lost 8 punds in about 3 weeks just using this site. you don't need a fancy, expensive diet system to lose weight, just eat right and exercise. also, i'm always wary of the term 'detox'. i don't believe our bodies retain toxic things that a diet will flush out. give mfp a try for a month, stick with it and see if you get the results you want for free!
    then you can always pay the big bucks for a diet system:laugh:

good luch on your journey,
    em:flowerforyou:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the body needs a detox either. If the body truly needed to get something out of your system your body will do it naturally. Detox can also do harm. In the case of colon cleaning it can deprive you of important nutrients:

"There have been real, honest-to-goodness studies on colon cleansing in recent years, he said, but they all have focused on the potential harm: abscesses caused by too much water, rectal perforation and electrolyte imbalance. All that water, usually tens of gallons, washes out the electrolytes that the colon was built to absorb. The water also washes away beneficial bacteria needed for digestion, and not magically only harmful bacteria, as the proponents claim"

In short- if we really need to detoxify our bodies more people with constipation would die from colon or digestive diseases. They don't.

http://www.livescience.com/health/060808_bad_colon.html