Resistance bands

Options
What are resistance bands for strength or muscle toning . I jus wanted to Know whats the best way to tone up Ive got resistance bands untill my weights arrive but i still need to lose 20lbs before i want to gain muscle what should i do ?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy 3 times a week using any type of resistance training.
    REsistance bands are good because they offer resistance the entire time you have them in motion where weights are subject to gravity.
    You can get a fantastic workout using both!
    But if you dont lift now, while losing weight, youll lose lean mass and just be a smaller version of your fatter self!
    That = skinny fat!
  • tp7even
    Options
    Lift heavy 3 times a week using any type of resistance training.
    REsistance bands are good because they offer resistance the entire time you have them in motion where weights are subject to gravity.
    You can get a fantastic workout using both!
    But if you dont lift now, while losing weight, youll lose lean mass and just be a smaller version of your fatter self!
    That = skinny fat!

So resistance bands could you consider any workouts using resistance bands . What about cardio because i just dont wanna tone up i want to get fitter too
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    So resistance bands could you consider any workouts using resistance bands . What about cardio because i just dont wanna tone up i want to get fitter too

Billy Blanks uses resistance bands in his new workout Tae Bo PT 24/7. It's a good program. I love Tae Bo. You can preview the workouts on Collagevideo.com. You can buy the workout at Academy.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

If you are already strong in the cardiovascular sense then you dont need cardio at all.
    I dont do any cardio and my body fat drops every month while lean mass rises by just lifting 3 times a week.

If you have a good amount of fat to lose then cardio will help you lose the fat but its not necessary.