Any Paleo people?

Options
Hey there, I'm trying to get in shape (just like everyone else here :) and was wondering if there's any other people here on the paleo diet? I try to follow it although I'm not strict paleo, I still have a bit of dairy and and low GI carbs like sweet potato.

Replies

• Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I personally am not but I have a team mate that is a crossfit instructor that lives by this diet and loves it. I myself find it hard to dedicate to this diet (for my body type and activity level I always feel like I run out of energy during my workouts) but others seem to enjoy it very much. Maybe I am doing something wrong? *shoulder shrug*
  • Cross_fitter
    Options
    I definitely am....and i really feel the difference!! how are you going with it? I find it helps me to stay off the rubbish i shouldn't be eating anyway!! :) hope all's going well with you!!
  • diorr246
    diorr246 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been on it since December and while every once in a while I cheat but overall I've noticed a difference. I don't get those "I"m hungry for something but I don't know what" cravings any more and now that I haven't had bread or pasta for 2 months I don't even really want it anymore, and I used to live off pasta! It just feels better eating things that you know aren't a total waste of calories and time.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I don't get those "I"m hungry for something but I don't know what" cravings any more and now that I haven't had bread or pasta for 2 months I don't even really want it anymore, and I used to live off pasta!

This is what I hear a lot of from people on this diet. Maybe I need to revisit this because I know plenty of athletes on this diet regimen.
  • jricker10
    Options
    I try to stick to the primal diet which is an offshoot of paleo.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/#axzz1migb8eKz

The guy that runs this website, Mark Sisson, has a very good book on primal eating.
  • diorr246
    diorr246 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like it too because it's an easy guide line for eating healthier. Usually if I'm on the fence about whether something is healthy or not I just ask, "Would a caveman eat it?" and I get the answer pretty quickly :)
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Me