Any Foodies out there dieting or maintaining?

Options
And if so any of you want a new friend :flowerforyou: I am really getting into baking and cooking again and wanting to do it while loosing so I would love new friends that have great recipes I can learn from =)

Replies

• cowiness
    Options
    feel free to add me! I am a foodie / cook. I had to curve my recipes to deal with healthy eating and diabetic friendly stuff. I'll be happy to share recipes with you =D
  • hawk1981
    Options
    I too consider myself a foodie! Let's be friend as we find new ways to eat and cook healthy dishes!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    No other foodies out there? =)
  • snow00774
    Options
    I am, but just starting out (again) so not sure how much I have to offer, but happy to learn along the way!
  • sophiareal
    sophiareal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Definitely a foodie trying to lose 16 lb (halfway there at the moment). And yes, it is a struggle being a foodie and dieting - I am a hugely passionate baker and I had to rechannel some of that passion away from baking cupcakes to baking wholemeal sourdough bread or simply taking most of my treats to work rather than have them sit at home ... that way I still get to enjoy baking (and the occasional treat) but don't have to worry about temptation! Feel free to add me. x
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Me! I am an avid home cook and just enjoy food. Bread baking is my latest passion.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Me! I am an avid home cook and just enjoy food. Bread baking is my latest passion.

Baking bread is also one of my recent passions, I plain to try to bake my first loaf tomorrow :ohwell: tell me how did your first laof turn out, any tips?
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Total foodie here, hence why I am here. I am always on the hunt for the better alternatives, with the same taste. Add me on.
  • bartman4
    Options
    I love food and cooking. I've been using Food On The Table recipes for variety. The are generally pretty good.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I love food - been a big change to shift from restaurants to cooking at home (but still with restaurants being an occasional treat - once a week at most).

My first loaf of bread failed miserably, but it got better after that. Last night I was lazy as I had one of those 'just add water' bread mixes from ages ago that I used up - still not bad, WAY better than store bought bread!
  • chairperson
    Options
    Me, Me! I'm currently suffering the consequence of poor youthful mistakes with completely horrible food, but at heart I'm a total foodie. And I mean that in the good ingredients, clever flavor pairings, trying-to-cook-everything-under-the-sun in my own kitchen kind of way. Being a foodie and being healthy go very well together, I think. I place my the blame for my weight on the embarrassingly non-foodie tendencies that I've indulged in in the past.

I grew up in a whole wheat, brown rice, sugar-free cereals, share your bag of skittles with your brother, kind of household and rebelled with passion when I was set free in college. Dominoes breadsticks dipped in alfredo sauce anybody. OMG disgusting.

It was a foolish pursuit. Turns out that's disgusting.

Anyhow...When I cook for myself, the food is delicious and healthy. The one area I've found difficult is my recently acquired fascination with baking. It's fun! It's lik a chemistry experiment every time I make a loaf. Unfortunately, it's really hard to make a loaf of bread and not over indulge in it. So I've back off of that for now while I get my footing with weight loss.