Proud of Myself - NSV!

Options
nymple
nymple Posts: 55 Member
So I am very much an emotional eater. Last year I lost around 20lbs and then when I moved house I got stressed and "Comforted" myself right back to where I started. Boo!

So I restarted at the beginning of January and am nearly back to where I was last year. I'm doing a wider range of exercise though so I feel like I look further along than I got last time. It also feels different, I feel like I am determined but not to the point of "make or break" like I was before. I have a 10 month plan to look bloody fantastic for my friends Wedding in October and am feeling really rather optimistic about it!

The last two days have been hard though. Me and my boyfriend have been going through a rocky patch. We're on the point of breaking up after nearly five years. On Thursday I knew I was going to have the conversation and was an emotional wreck all day. This is usually the point where I go into "comfort" mode and eat all kinds of food that is so bad for me.

This time, I am so proud of myself as I have not gone off track. My snacks haven't been the best but my meals have still been healthy and I've stayed under my calorie target both days. It feels like I am finally getting where I want to be both on the outside and the inside. :) It feels amazing!

Replies

• mizbubblz
    mizbubblz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    keep going!!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You deserve to be proud of yourself.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    well done babe, that can be soo hard not to reach for food in times of upset.

your doing amazing what an nsv :drinker: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself. Getting past old destructive habit patterns is a major step forwards. Good on you!
  • nymple
    Options
    Thanks folks! I feel quite pleased with myself. The only real bummer is I had diet soda for the first time in 6 months but I can soon fix that :)
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great Job! It is really hard to continue eating healthy when your emotions are all over the place. I don't normally consider myself an emotional eater but I do something even worse and don't eat. I hate slowing down my metabolism and going into starvation mode but my stomach just doesn't want food :(

So I understand how rough it is to not fall back into bad habits. Keep it up!
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! I am too very proud of you and know that your strength will only grow from this experience.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I know I'll feel stupid, but what is NSV?
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't know you, but I'm proud of you too!! Congrats!!
  • nymple
    Options
    FKAH - Thank you! This time was the first time ever that I even considered not eating but I knew it was bad for me so I had leftover home made soup :)

Janjan - Thank you, I hope so!

Delilah - Don't feel stupid! It stands for Non Scale Victory

Tangie - Thank you as well, your post made me smile :)
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    Options
    Great job! Remember, YOU control what you eat. Even through tough times, you can chose to make healthy choices. Plus, it makes you feel better!

Keep it up!
  • amykingsley1
    amykingsley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sorry you and your BF are having a hard time, hope whatever needs to happen for you happens, whether you stay together or not. Good job avoiding comfort food! I am very very guilty of that too, I can relate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!