How Can I track My Sodium

Options
Intake I think that is a big issue with me right now I Crave crave salt we moved to South Texas over the summer from Colorado and my salt intake has tripled at least and ideas?

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Intake I think that is a big issue with me right now I Crave crave salt we moved to South Texas over the summer from Colorado and my salt intake has tripled at least and ideas?

Go into Settings (next to Logout), click on "Diary Settings", then you can add Sodium there :)
  • imhogwildintx
    imhogwildintx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank You sooo much♥
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    There are some great recipes at the Mrs Dash website that are low in sodium. I've been watching sodium carefully for two weeks now and because I have cut out canned, processed, frozen prepared food I'm forced to eat the healthy fresh stuff.. so multiple benefits lol.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at how much Sodium some foods contain, especially those at restaruants. I've consumed nearly 2,000 mg in one grilled chicken salad... CRAZY. I'm now trying to limit my sodium as well. I've found that Mrs. Dash, pepper, garlic, onion, vinegar, and fresh squeezed lemon juice are great flavor boosters without salt. Cooking at home really gives you the liberty to cook healthy, without sacrificing flavor. I've made some pretty awesome meals lately - that are truly healthy.

Some eye openers were: Dill pickles, seasoned breadcrumbs, salad dressings, and some breads / cakes...

Good luck on improving your health.