Sodas???

Options
Once you get rid of drinking soda's....what type of changes concerning weight do you see with your body?

Replies

• fuzz_pawz
    Options
    Once you get rid of drinking soda's....what type of changes concerning weight do you see with your body?

I would think that it would be one less product that makes you gain weight...considering soda's are high sugar drinks.
    I don't really know though, because I don't drink them on a regular basis and even if I do have one at all, it's usually of the diet or zero variety.
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That depends on you. How much did you drink? What did you replace em with? How are your blood sugar levels? It's not one thing that solves all problems. But a great start. Soda and energy drinks are pure poison when you want to get in shape due to the sugar content.
  • lobearjw
    Options
    I wasn't just isolated to just sodas. I was a mixture of juices, sodas, and water. I'm cutting down to just water (and possible the packaged things without sugar or green tea...depending on the sodium intake though).
  • Andrewcpimpin
    Andrewcpimpin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's a step in the right direction. I had to cut out most fruit juice due to sugar content. I really like v8 fusion light. It is a great juice without too much sugar.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    After ONLY drinking water and an occasional cup of black coffee I saw major improvements in my skin! I always broke out occasionally pretty badly (like 4 or 5 huge under skin zits, you know the ones that hurt!) and I haven't since totally giving up pop and drinking water. I also feel a lot less bloated and gassy.
  • Gbelk1
    Gbelk1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great response. I try to avoid as much sugar as I can but loosing weight is not about 1 item it is about life style changes. People say I deprive myself but I am learning to eat for health not enjoyment. It is not about what one cannot it but what you want to eat. I want to eat healthy so I don't deprive myself I eat what I want, and what I want is good food.
  • lobearjw
    Options
    It's a step in the right direction. I had to cut out most fruit juice due to sugar content. I really like v8 fusion light. It is a great juice without too much sugar.
    I'm going to have to try that because I heard it was a good substitute for juice.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Depends on your total calorie intake. Ofc if you drank a lot of soda, cutting it out while changing nothing else would reduce your calorie intake.

I drink a pint of soda a day with my evening meal, and it's hardly stopped me losing fat.