calories for 30 day shred?

Options
Does anyone do the 30 day shred by jillian michaels? I'm just wondering how many calories I should enter? Do you think it's close to kick boxing? Just wondering. Thanks!

Replies

• ptrad
    ptrad Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I entered it under calesthenics, vigorous push ups and sit ups and I put the time in that I worked out. I stretch more than she stretches (there is never enough stretching in these videos/classes) and then enter stretching under that category .Best with it. I'd like to see what others think and how they enter it.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I do and I am a member of the site ... As I took a few days off this week and am a newbie here never thought about it lol

I will ask on there and come back and report the results :wink:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Quoted from the site :wink:

How Many Calories Am I Burning?

Q: How many calories are we burning during the online workouts and your front, back, and kickboxing DVDs?

JILLIAN SAYS: It's all relative to your age, body weight, height, gender, and so on. The general rule of thumb is, for every 25 pounds of weight you have on your frame, you will burn an additional 50 calories an hour provided you work out at the same intensity for the entire hour.

For example, I weigh 120 pounds — which is almost 5 groups of 25 pounds — so if I multiply 50 calories by 5 for 250 calories, then divide that per-hour amount by 60 it comes out to slightly more than 4 calories a minute.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I weighed close to 190 when I did it and am 5'5". I burned anywhere between 180 and 220 calories.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just figured it out and it sure feels like more than 92 calories!:happy:
  • ptrad
    ptrad Posts: 22
    Options
    Ok, so how did you calculate the workout?
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    hmmm I've just been putting it under "circuit training-general" I think that it says 230 for a half hour
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    hmmm I've just been putting it under "circuit training-general" I think that it says 230 for a half hour

That's the same one I use and there are numerous other members that use the same one.....:noway: