Seeking *hidden* veggie recipes

Options
Hey everyone!

As a kid I used to eat broccoli and cauliflower raw like it was candy. Recently, though, the past 2 or 3 times I've had it, it gave me a terrible stomach ache. Huge pains, like there was a brick in my stomach. Don't know why...

Anyway, I've discovered green smoothies (basically a fruit smoothie with spinach in it) and I love them! I'm just wondering if there were other hidden veggie recipes? You know, foods that are full of veggies, but you wouldn't know it just by eating them.

Merci~

Replies

• belladonna_3k
    Options
    When my kids were little, I'd dice up zucchini, carrots, kale or spinach and toss it in their spaghetti sauce... they loved it and just thought it was "chunky". You can also grate zucchini into chocolate cake mixes, carrot cakes or just make a sweet zucchini walnut bread. If you like mushrooms, those can be diced small and "hidden" in burgers or meatloaf, if you're a meat eater.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    cook veggies, blend them and add them to sauces!
    i have to do that to red peppers as i can't digest them, so i chargrill, blend and then add it to tomato sauce for pasta
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    These are all such good ideas!! I'm going to have to try all of them out, thank you so much :)