My very first 5k

Options
KaraP18
KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
Today I ran my very first 5k! I finished in 37 min 26 sec! I am so proud! I only had to stop 3 times for a short distance but i completed it running, Aww Yeah!

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Great time, too! I just started C25K, and I love hearing other people's successes! :smile:
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • frogman4591
    Options
    Great job! I just completed Week 6 of the C25K program and can hardly believe that at age 57 that I am doing it. Definitely looking forward to this seasons races.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
    I'm running my first one tomorrow morning. I did a C25K like program that I finished on new year's day. It definitely made me like running.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    That's great! I'm planning on my first 5k in March! I want to get the map of the route so I can start training doing it.
  • chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great job ,Great time ... I'm going to be running my first one this summer !!
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Great job. Now that you've done one, you'll want to do more and more!
  • daves1grl
    Options
    I just signed up for my first in June....Congrats!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Congrats to you! :flowerforyou:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    ***WARNING***

Running is an addictive sport. You will test your limits with a 5K then realize you want more. So you'll sign up for a 10K and once you've accomplished that, you'll be seduced into a half marathon. You'll train and become friends with Hal Higdon and Jeff Galloway and then one day you'll just GO FOR IT and run 13.1 miles with thousands of your new closest friends.

When you're high off your half marathon you'll get pesky thoughts of doing a full marathon. 26.2 miles. You'll try and rationalize why you can't, but now that your drug of choice is running, you'll go ahead and figure out a way of making that dream a reality.

One day your vehicle will boast a 26.2 sticker on the back of your windshield and every time you walk up from behind your car in a parking lot you'll say to yourself, "Yeah, that's right. I earned it! That's what I can accomplish when I set my mind to it."

Consider yourself warned.

Congrats on your 5K and welcome to The Club.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Great job!!!
  • Athenaviolet
    Options
    I ran a 5k today as well. However I did not do as good as you did. I finished around 45 mins. Good Job!
  • scweegie
    Options
    ***WARNING***

Running is an addictive sport. You will test your limits with a 5K then realize you want more. So you'll sign up for a 10K and once you've accomplished that, you'll be seduced into a half marathon. You'll train and become friends with Hal Higdon and Jeff Galloway and then one day you'll just GO FOR IT and run 13.1 miles with thousands of your new closest friends.

When you're high off your half marathon you'll get pesky thoughts of doing a full marathon. 26.2 miles. You'll try and rationalize why you can't, but now that your drug of choice is running, you'll go ahead and figure out a way of making that dream a reality.

One day your vehicle will boast a 26.2 sticker on the back of your windshield and every time you walk up from behind your car in a parking lot you'll say to yourself, "Yeah, that's right. I earned it! That's what I can accomplish when I set my mind to it."

Consider yourself warned.

Congrats on your 5K and welcome to The Club.

This is TRUE! I love running, started with c25k, now going to do my second 1/2 marathon, and signed up for a full. Running is something you can do all yourself, and feel proud and accomplished.

Good luck with your journey
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: YOU ROCK:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mcdomi
    mcdomi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome, well done!!

I'm starting C10k as soon as the snow and ice is gone!!
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    WOOO HOOO I did my first 5k a couple weeks ago and am ready for another one, funny how they get addicting :)
  • jenniakers
    Options
    Congrats! I'm excited to do my first 5K this spring.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!