Miracle Whip?

Options
"Eat This Not That" says if you're going to use one - Miracle Whip is a better choice than even a "Lite" mayonnaise.
Any thoughts? (ie: tuna salad)

Replies

• mrsladybrewer
    mrsladybrewer Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    IMO, one isn't really better for you than the other. They are about the same nutritionally. I say, it just depends on your preference. I CANNOT STAND Miracle Whip. I think the stuff is nasty.
  • dpowell58
    dpowell58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know for me, I can't eat something that I don't like so I use Miracle Whip but am just careful not to use too much. I don't like mayo at all, especially the "lite" stuff and even the lite MW doesn't taste the same. I put just enough on my bread to taste, and I eat it almost everyday on my tuna sandwich.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love it in Salads (Chicken, Tuna, Potato, Seafood and Pasta Salad) but hate it on sandwiches. My husband and one of my daughters won't eat anything else but Miracle Whip on sandwiches.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Not sure why they would say that. I have both in my refrigerator and the light mayo has less calories, less sodium, less sugars and the same amount of fat than miracle whip. I would go by taste preference.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    I just use lite. Miracle whip is disgusting, in my opinion.
  • Katgan
    Katgan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lite mayo and miracle whip have might have less fat than real mayo, but they have more sugar and less flavor.

I prefer to eat foods as close to natural as possible. I like natural mayo - just oil, vinegar, eggs and water. Great flavor and I just use less to fit in with my calorie allotment.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just posted this on another mayo chain.. I recently started using Vegenaise ..much lower in sodium but still has fat.. I don't use much and have never liked it on sandwiches, I just use it for deviled eggs and chicken salad and it works and tastes great.
  • MWhiteman26
    Options
    Mayonnaise would have less processed ingredients and so would be healthier.

Ingredient list for Miracle Whip: Water, soybean oil, vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, modified food starch, eggs, salt, mustard flour, artificial color, potassium sorbate as a preservative, paprika, spice, natural flavor, dried garlic.

Kind of a trade off, Miracle Whip has less calories, while mayonnaise has eggs, but as far as being natural, the award goes to mayo. I would only using MW sparingly and go for the more natural ingredients in a good mayonnaise.
  • YouNow
    YouNow Posts: 1
    Options
    Mayo is like eating a piece of lard I imagine... it's not bad but you can literally taste the FAT on your tongue. Miracle Whip is better taste wise and label wise.
  • morganfredj
    Options
    2nd response is correct.. Almost identical on most sables... Mayo may be more fat ... but MW is HIGHLY PROCESSED food and part of the oil used is a trade secret......:sick: Sorry... not this guy.. give me real vegetable oil, and recall egg and vinegar without the sugars... just saying.. I not only know what is in mayo but I can make it at home with the oil, eggs of my choice. :wink:
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.....MW.....
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Yeah, they're wrong.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Anything with 'Miracle' in the title ....... ISN'T