easy good healthy clean dinner recipes i could make for the

Options
Ashley66015
Ashley66015 Posts: 6 Member
Hi , i was just wondering if anyone knew any easy healthy dinner recipes because my family eats really unhealthy and i want to show them healthy food doesnt always have to be "Nasty". i'm hoping on getting home a little early to supprise the family with a healthy dinner. only thing is i'll be cooking for 3, My mom my dad and brother but my brother only eats (popcorn , chicken , pizza , or haburgers) i would prefer a vegaterian recipe but it wont kill me if it's not.any ideas on how to make a good dinner that each person will eat? Thanks for the help ! xx

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That is always a hard one around here as well the men in my family don't think they need good food they want the icky food to eat
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I make A LOT of recipies from www.skinnytaste.com and they are all AMAZING!
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    Check out hungrygirl.com
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    check out the Happy Herbivore blog, Post Punk Kitchen, or Healthy Happy Life blogs. They are all vegan recipe blogs with super yummy, healthy recipes that are pretty easy to make :) They helped me a ton when I went from omnivore to vegan and even my omnivore boyfriend loves the stuff I've made from their recipes
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    On skinnytaste.com she has these awesome chicken enchiladas that are great! She's a gourmet cook and can manage to make all kids of meals delicious
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    100 g Salmon fillet
    1 tbs balsamic vinegar
    1 tsp light olive oil
    cayenne pepper to taste
    sea coarse sea salt
    dry rosemary

Preheat the oven to 180 C
    Take the fish, put oil on it, then the balsamic vinegar, then the rosemary, then the salt and then the pepper. Pop it in the oven and take it out after 15 minutes! This made me love fish! :)
  • Monkee8088
    Options
    Bump
  • shenhannigans
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com

That is my go-to recipe site!
  • newMe936
    Options
    I like hungry-girl.com too
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    Skinny Taste and Hungry Girl are both amazing! You can also find a lot on allrecipes.com. I like All Recipes because you can search by ingredient and type of meal and they have plenty of healthy recipes. I also love www.kalynskitchen.com I'm not sure her recipes are very kid friendly though. She has a few meatless options but everything is low-carb (South Beach specific) or has a low-glycemic index.

MFP also has a lot of healthy recipes, though they're very unorganized. Here's one I plan to try SOON. It's for Buffalo Chicken Rolls. The recipe seems to be very popular and would be great for kids if using a milder sauce. It's also very versatile- you can substitute for some of your favorite healthy ingredients. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/431188-buffalo-chicken-rolls-103-calories

I also like $5 Dinners. Here's the direct link for the vegetarian options: http://www.5dollardinners.com/recipes#vegetarian

And last but not least, there's my favorite, Skinny Ms. http://skinnyms.com/
  • I am a recently single mom, again. I don't have much to spend on groceries. Does anyone know where to find cheap, healthy recipes? Eating healthy is so expensive.
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Since your brother only eats a limited menu, then start with one of those like the chicken. How about baked chicken, take whole boneless chicken breasts and cut chicken breasts into nugget sized bites and dip thawed in egg substitute and roll in flavored bread crumbs (crushed) , lightly spray cookie sheet with Pam cooking spray and place nugggets on the cookie sheet and bake it in the oven at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes then flip them over and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes.

You can also bake french fries in the oven, which are much healthier than deep fat frying. They take longer to cook then the traditional way but it is much healthier and no extra fat or grease! You can use the frozen bagged ones, like Ore Ida and just salt to taste when they come out of the oven.

How about a fresh fruit salad to go with it too. Grapes, bananas sliced, mandarian orange wedges, strawberries and you could even throw in a few mini marshmallows. Just a handful though, too many will make it unhealthy. Most picky kids like fruit. If he won't eat it all mixed together, then try just placing them a plate side by side and let him make his own fruit salad. Or better yet, you could make fruit kabobs by placing the fruit on kabob sticks, but that takes some time.

If he won't eat fruit, then how about a sugar free pudding made with skin milk for dessert. Top it with fat free cool whip.

Good luck!
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had to keep pizza in my life. I have a variation that both my hubby (super picky) and I love.

Turkey Pepperoni Pita Pizza

Joseph's - Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread
    Ragu - Pizza Quick Sauce, 2 tablespoons
    Hormel - Turkey Pepperoni - 8 slices
    Sargento - Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded, 1/4 cup

Heat the oven to 375.
    Place the pitas on a baking sheet.
    Add the sauce.
    Sprinkle on the cheese.
    Top with the turkey pepperoni.
    Bake 10-12 minutes.

They clock in at about 195 calories each.

We also will sometimes use grilled chicken and do BBQ or buffalo sauce instead of pizza sauce.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I like to make these baked southwestern egg rolls when I'm in the mood for "junk food." I use fresh spinach instead of frozen and I cut the cheese down to 1 cup. Otherwise, follow the recipe exactly and you will get a great treat that is vegetarian. Warning - they are spicy (to me!):

http://annies-eats.com/2010/03/05/baked-southwestern-egg-rolls/

Another thing I love to do is put a pound of chicken (breasts or thighs) in the crockpot with 1/2 diced onion, a can of diced tomatoes, 1/3 cup lime juice, and some sliced peppers (any color). Cook on low for 8 hours. This makes some great chicken taco filling. Super yummy and healthy too!

Good luck!!
  • rebeccaboise
    rebeccaboise Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump